TASCAM has announced the new US-16×08 audio interface, offering 16 mic and line inputs and advanced features to help manage larger sessions.
Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps are clean and quiet while delivering up to 56 dB of gain. An additional eight line inputs are provided, two of them switchable to instrument level for direct guitar or bass recording. Eight balanced line outputs are also available, two with a level control on the front panel for monitoring.
Built into the US-16×08 is a DSP mixer for low-latency digital mixing. Each channel has 4-band EQ and compression for polishing monitor mixes.
In addition to interface mode, the US-16×08 can be used as a stand-alone mic preamp. Mac and Windows drivers are provided, as well as USB Audio Compliance 2.0 drivers for iOS compatibility. MIDI input and output are also available on the rear panel.
The solid metal case was designed by designbox studio in Germany, and includes a pair of removable “bio-cell” side panels that angle the interface towards the user, making the switches and knobs easier to read. Rack ears are also included.
Whether using the ergonomically-designed angled desktop stand or mounting with the included rack ears, the US-16×08 includes enough I/O for almost any music recording application.
• Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps with 56 dB of gain
• 16-in/8-out interface with up to 96 kHz/24-bit resolution
• Eight 1/4-inch balanced line inputs, two switchable to instrument level
• DSP mixer for low-latency monitoring with EQ and compression
• High-quality audio components for 125 dBu EIN and 105 dB S/N ratio
• USB Audio Compliant 2.0 drivers for iOS compatibility
• Independent line out and headphone level controls
• MIDI Input and Output
• Metal body with angled design for better desktop visibility
• Rack-mount adapter included
The new US-16×08 will be available in November for an estimated street price of $299.99.