Shure has introduced the new Microflex MXN5-C networked
loudspeaker — PoE-enabled with an onboard amplifier — designed to deliver quality speech reproduction for AV conferencing applications.
The new MXN5-C is housed in a low-profile, shallow-can package with
removable and paintable grille that’s optimized for installation in drop-ceiling configurations, and integrates with the company’s conferencing audio ecosystem of networked hardware and software.
The loudspeaker has a pre-tuned frequency response designed to optimize voice intelligibility, and includes two Dante inputs and one Dante output. The clean design elements allow for a subtle blend into drop-ceiling environments
Overview of the new MXN5-C:
• Visibility on the network for device access via Shure software for setup and configuration or remote management and troubleshooting
• Single manufacturer of the entire audio chain
• Shure Audio Encryption for secure meeting content
• Dante Domain Manager compatible for roles-based security of Dante-enabled devices
• Shure DSP utilities include EQ, delay, limiter, and signal/tone generator
• AES67 compatibility
• PoE/PoE+ enabled, eliminating need for an outboard amplifier
• UL 2043 plenum rated
“This new loudspeaker is part of a complete solution from the Shure Audio Ecosystem for Conferencing,” says Chris Merrick, global marketing director, Integrated Systems at Shure. “The complete audio solution, from one manufacturer delivers streamlined global room deployments to a consistent standard, remote management, and troubleshooting. For end customers and integrators, this is a significant time-saving advantage.”