TASCAM has announced the US-100, a new USB 2.0 audio interface outfitted with a microphone input as well as instrument level input for direct recording guitar or bass.
Stereo line inputs are provided, and can be switched to phono-level. It is housed in a solid aluminum chassis to withstand any abuse from the road.
The US-100 is a 48k/16-bit stereo audio interface that connects to a Mac or Windows computer using USB 2.0. A free copy of Audacity software is included to start recording right away.
Additional features include a 1/8-inch stereo headphone output and zero-latency monitoring.
The US-100 is available from TASCAM retailers at a street price of under $100.
• Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio interface
• XLR or 1/4-inch microphone input
• 1/4-inch guitar-level direct input
• RCA line inputs, switchable to RIAA photo inputs with ground lug
• 1/8-inch stereo headphone output
• 48kHz/16-bit audio resolution
• Zero-latency hardware monitoring
• Mac and Windows compatible
• Audacity recording software included
• Solid aluminum case construction