At 2009 InfoComm in Orlando, Electro-Voice introduced the EVH Series of loudspeakers for installed sound, a line of two-way, full-range, horn-loaded, coaxial loudspeaker systems with 15-inch woofers.
The EVH Series’ two-way, 15-inch, full-range loudspeaker model is designated EVH-1152S. Five different rotatable waveguides are available, ranging from 40° x 30° to 90° by 90°:
• EVH-1152S/64—60° x 40°
• EVH-1152S/66—60° x 60°
• EVH-1152S/94—90° x 40°
• EVH-1152S/96—90° x 60°
• EVH-1152S/99—90° x 90°
EVH Series loudspeakers each use the new ND2B high-output, 2-inch pure titanium compression driver coupled to a rotatable Constant Directivity waveguide, and the new SMX LF transducers, designed for high output and low-distortion.
Developed by EV engineering, the motor, suspension, and electrical characteristics of the subwoofer are optimized to maximize efficiency and minimize distortion.
EVH’s passive crossover network employs 24 dB/octave slopes for smooth response in the vocal range, linear off-axis response, and features a comprehensive protection circuit for long-term reliability.
The combination of technology results in smooth response to 16 kHz and excellent pattern control down to 500 Hz.
The EVH family of models allow vertical and horizontal clusters to be built using any combination of loudspeakers from the entire EVF & EVH Series. Twenty-eight suspension points for use with rated eyebolts or EV-I cluster hardware provide low-cost, simple rigging solutions.
EVH input panels provide the choice of Phoenix-type connectors (included in all standard models), or allow the easy addition of a dual NL4-type connector cover plate or gland nut cover plate (for weatherizing applications).
An externally accessible jumper also selects passive or active operation, and an available 70.7/100V transformer kit simply mounts to the input panel for use in distributed systems.
• ND2B 2-inch (51 mm) diaphragm, 1.4-inch (36 mm) exit pure titanium compression driver
• Easy and quick to configure and install
• Convenient threaded rigging points for multiple configurations.
• Very high maximum SPL output capability with extremely low distortion level.
• Available in black or white in one of three versions: EVCoat (interior use), PI (indirect weather exposure), and FG (fiberglass – direct exposure).
• Pure titanium compression driver.
• SMX LF transducers with fully symmetric drive.
• Advanced fourth order crossover network with HF protection.
• Constant Directivity rotatable waveguides.
(Be sure to visit PSW’s 2009 InfoComm New Product Gallery.)