At its core, Smaart is a computer based dual-channel FFT platform that we use in our work as audio engineers to view the frequency content of signals or measure the response of our electrical and electro-acoustic systems, all to better make informed decisions about the deployment and operation of those systems. Getting started with Smaart v8 requires some basic hardware requirements beyond the Smaart software and host computer. At the minimum, for electro-acoustic systems (PA system analysis), a 2×2 audio device interface and a single measurement microphone will suffice. This is however only the beginning, as Smaart is purpose-built to scale up to fit the requirements of even the most complex systems and environments. The only practical limitation of Smaart is your own – be it expanding your hardware universe, or improving your knowledge through practice and training.
- A tab-based interface allowing users to configure and switch between multiple workspaces without opening multiple windows
- Multi-Window capability allowing users to drive multiple windows, each containing its own set of tabbed workspaces. It is like being able to run multiple measurement sessions simultaneously.
- Intuitive measurement configuration that dramatically speeds up workflow.
- Broadband metering for all input devices allowing users to continuously view input signal levels as well as monitor and log parameters such as SPL and LEQ for multiple inputs simultaneously.
- Touchscreen-friendly user-configurable command buttons to accommodate increased use of Smaart on tablet and touch screen computers.
- Smaart-to-Smaart API remote control allows any copy of Smaart v8 to act as host to any other copy of Smaart v8 on the same network.
- A full suite of acoustic analysis tools for impulse response measurements, including reverberant decay and intelligibility criterion.