The Crest Audio CC Series of power amplifiers has been joined by the new CC 5500, based upon the company’s Pro 200 Series technology and utilizing a linear power supply. It provides 5,500 watts of power at 4 ohms in bridged mono mode.
All CC Series amplifiers offer Crest Audio-designed toroidal transformers as well as tunnel-cooled heat sinks, variable-speed DC fans and extensive protection circuitry for superior efficiency into difficult loads and power conditions.
Further, the CC 5500 also boasts 16 power devices per channel plus a switched-rail class H output stage and triple-compound design to provide low distortion and thermal stability.
The CC 5500 is available now from authorized Crest Audio dealers.
* 5,500 watts into 4 ohms in Bridged Mono mode
* 2,750 watts per channel into 2 ohms
* 1,800 watts per channel into 4 ohms
* 1,150 watts per channel into 8 ohms
* Temperature control via two back-to-front, variable-speed DC fans
* Combination XLR and 1/4-inch TRS inputs
* Binding posts and Speakon®; outputs
* ACL, signal, active and temp LED indicators
* 47 lbs