The new DI Plus2 RC direct box from ARX Systems America offers a low-noise high impedance input buffer with switchable 20 dB Pad, and a low distortion high current output stage able to drive the longest cable runs.
Packaged in a single channel stand-alone format, the DI Plus2 RC is powered with internal long life NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) rechargeable. NiMH batteries exhibit no memory effect and a long life recharge cycle.
The battery can be charged off either the phantom power on the mic line, or via the 12V DC input, removing battery “throw away” as an issue.
The DI Plus2 RC includes two high impedance unbalanced inputs on the front panel, running to balanced XLR outputs on the rear. Accurate left and right channel level matching keeps the stereo image centered.
It also features a normal gain high impedance unbalanced input on the front to a balanced XLR output on the rear. There is also a separate -40 dB speaker level input for connection to the external (auxiliary) loudspeaker output of an amplifier.
A global pad switch drops both the normal input and the speaker input by another 20 dB, making it suitable for all applications, from the softest keyboard to the hottest broadcast levels.
The DI Plus2 RC will automatically switch itself to the console’s own phantom power, if available, and an LED will indicate this mode. Turn the phantom power off and it will instantly revert back to battery mode.
The tough all-steel inner and outer chassis of the DI Plus2 RC provide excellent RF/EMF shielding while making it a sturdy, heavy duty unit.
DI Plus2 RC Specifications:
* Max Input Level
* +12 dB Phantom powered
* + 6 dB Battery powered
* Input Impedance 1 Meg Ohm
* Max Output Level
* +17 dB 10K Ohm load Phantom powered
* +12 dB 10K Ohm load Battery powered
* +11 dB 600 Ohm load Phantom powered
* +12 dB 600 Ohm load Battery powered
* Output Impedance 680 Ohms Balanced
* Output Signal to Noise
* -100 dB unweighted
* -104 dB A weighted
* Dynamic Range
* 117 dB 10K Ohm load Phantom powered
* 112 dB 10K Ohm load Battery powered
* 111 dB 600 Ohm load Phantom powered
* 107.5 dB 600 Ohm load Battery powered
* Distortion 100Hz .0018%, 1 kHz .0028%, 10KHz .0056%
* Frequency Response 20Hz to 20KHz, ±0.2dB
* Gain through Unit 6 dB (Pad switch out)
* Pad Switch: Global -20 dB attenuation
* Input and Loop Out Connectors
* Insulated jacks (Note! Channel A Input connector switches the unit on when a plug is inserted. Remove plug when storing to avoid battery drain!!!)
* Output Connectors
* XLR, Wired Pin 1 Ground, Pin 2 + Hot, Pin 3 – Cold.
* Global Audio Ground (Pin 1) lift switch