Waves Audio has announced the upcoming release of the WSG-Y16 mini-YGDAI SoundGrid I/O card for Yamaha mixing consoles.
Together with a Waves SoundGrid Server (SGS), a Control PC and an authorized iLok with SoundGrid-compatible Waves plug-ins, the WSG-Y16 enables Yamaha consoles to process 16 channels of audio with Waves plug-ins.
Users connect a SoundGrid-compatible PC to the mixing console, route a channel to a WSG-Y16 channel and then process the channel signal with Waves plug-ins on the SoundGrid server.
Additionally, the WSG-Y16 supports MIDI input, for remote plug-in control directly from the console or external control surface.
Waves Audio SoundGrid technology gives users the ability to run large numbers of Waves’ award-winning audio processors with low latency, using standard PCs via Ethernet, far surpassing the specs of dedicated DSP-based platforms.
Waves SoundGrid system takes advantage of the recent advances in both Ethernet and CPU technologies to provide superb performance for the live sound markets, bringing the worlds of studio recording and live sound closer than ever before.
With the introduction of the WSG-Y16 mini-YGDAI card for Yamaha consoles, Waves brings the networking and processing capabilities of SoundGrid functionality to the live sound realm.
– Supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
– 16-channel processing at 44.1/48kHz, 8 channels at 88.2/96kHz
– For 32 channel processing, install 2 cards
– Supports MIDI control directly from the console
– Redundancy and Recovery support via SoundGrid
– Connects with other SoundGrid-enabled audio equipment
SoundGrid Key Benefits:
– Provides a low latency platform for running Waves plug-ins
– Uses standard, off-the-shelf components: computers, switches, servers, Ethernet cables, etc.
– Upcoming SoundGrid versions will implement recording capabilities
– Live sound and touring
– Centralized processing hub for mixing, post production, and broadcast facilities
– Networked audio for sound installations