Billy Decker is here to talk about a better way to work. We’re not sure if all the producers in Nashville have it down to this much of a science, but Billy certainly has some amazing ideas that you need to pay attention to.
He’s mixed 14 #1s to date – most recently, Chris Young’s “Losing Sleep.” Decker has mixed for Kenny Chesney, Darius Rucker, Jason Aldean. Jaime Lynne Spears, and Sam Hunt. He also mixed George Jones’s last album before he died.
“You find a good balance, and all of a sudden you’re happier. You get better at engineering because you keep that passion for it, and all of a sudden the money starts rolling in.” – Billy Decker
In this podcast, you’ll learn about:
– Why you should learn to get great results fast
– The value of templates
– What it’s like to work as a mixer in Nashville
– The importance of customer service
– Incorporating elements from multiple genres
– Chris Lord Alge’s opinion of L2
– How to price your mixes
– Moving to where the work is
– Using “Top Of Mind” strategy to grow your studio
– Staged compression
– And much, much more
Listen to this podcast and check out others here.