Tascam has announced the introduction of the BD-R2000 high-definition video recorder, which records to internal hard drive, solid-state media, DVD or Blu-ray discs.
The multi-format recorder can store video on the hard drive, perform simple edits and author a disc menu before burning to standard DVD-Video or Blu-ray format.
It supports video input from DV/HDV cameras (4-pin FireWire) and S-Video, or video files stored to USB 2.0 or SD/SDHC card.
With support for several video, audio and still image formats, the BD-R2000 is an ideal fit for schools, house of worship, boardroom and other high-end installations.
Disc playback is seamless, avoiding the pause between scenes often encountered with similar machines.
Using the onboard video editing capabilities the recorded video can be trimmed, separated and arranged on a menu before committing to a blank disc. One-touch dubbing allows an entire DVD or Blu-ray disc, USB drive or SD/SDHC card to be stored on the hard drive, then burned to Blu-ray disc at up to 32x speed.
• HDD / Blu-ray™ / DVD Recorder
• 500GB internal hard drive
• BD-R drive records: BD-R (SL/DL), BD-RE (SL/DL), DVD-R (SL/DL), DVD-RW
• BD-R drive plays: BD-Video, BD-R (SL/DL), BD-RE (SL/DL), DVD-R (SL/DL), DVD-RW, DVD-RAM,
DVD+R (SL/DL), DVD+RW
• Recording formats: BDAV, BDMV (HDMV), DVD-Video, DVD-VR, JPEG
• DV and HDV video recording via 4-pin iLINK input
• Recording modes: MPEG-2 TS, H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC), MPEG-2 PS, Dolby Digital (audio), Linear PCM (audio)
• SD/SDHC card slot for recording/playback
• Tray lock during recording
• Playback resume
• Edit features: Create playlist, divide, delete, name disc, author DVD or Blu-ray disc and menu, photo slideshow
• HDMI out (version 1.3a)
• Composite (BNC), component (BNC) and S-Video analog video output
• S-Video, composite video input
• Optical digital output
• 4-pin iLINK (DV or HDV) and USB 2.0 input
• RS-232C serial control port
• Wireless remote control
• 19” (W) x 3.46” (H) x 13.81” (D), 11.2 lbs