Rycote has announced the release of an extension of its Professional Connection System (PCS), with the series now comprised of two families – PCS Quick Release and PCS Stands and Grip – all engineered to work together.
PCS products designed to allow the mounting of microphones and accessories when switching gear without any need for adapters, with secure coupling between microphone accessories and mounting points or surfaces.
The new PSC Quick Release range includes:
• PCS-Boom Connector (list price: $99.95/€99.95 /£85.95), a quick-attach/quick-release connection system with an aluminum finish and a high payload capacity.
• PCS-Organizer (list price: $39.95/€39.95 /34.95), designed for flat surface mounting and allowing for secure access to windshields, microphone supports and other sound accessories.
• PCS-Lite 3/8” (list price: $39.95/€39.95 /£34.95), a versatile and economical quick release mechanismwith 3/8“-16 compatibility and click-in auto-locking operation.
• PCS-Lite 5/8” (list price: $39.95/€39.95 /£34.95), designed for MI applications with a dedicated 5/8” threaded socket and threaded tip.
• PCS-Utility (list price: $69.95/€69.95 /£61.95), constructed from stainless steel, glass-filled nylon and aluminium, with a secure twist-and-pull unlocking mechanism.
• PCS-Spigot (list price: $69.95/€69.95 /£61.95), an accessory to convert Manfrotto lighting stands and arms with typical lighting spigot connections into quick-release systems to attach any sound kit with a 3/8” thread. It is designed to fit all articulated arms and stands with a 5/8” spigot.
• PCS-Utility Kit Small and Large (list price: $79.95/€79.95/£69.95) includes a Rycote Half Coupler with a compatible 3/8” bolt, enabling the mounting of microphones, shock mounts, windshields and lighting accessories to trusses, scaffolding poles and other rigging devices.
The new PCS Grip and Stand range includes:
• PCS-Artic Arm (list price: $/€139.95/ £122.95), equipped with a 3/8” BSW male thread at the distinctive steel blue finished end desighted to fit all industry-standard sound accessories including windshields and shock mounts. It is articulated and has a standard-size 16 mm spigot with 3/8” female thread and an ergonomic knob to quickly get a microphone in the needed position. It’s also available as a kit with the Manfrotto Super Clamp (list price: $/€149.95 /£131.95), a multipurpose clamp designed to hold onto round and square surfaces ranging from 13 mm to 50 mm.
• PCS-Artic Arm Micro Kit (list price: $/€149.95 /£131.95), with a 3/8” BSW male attachment and compatible with industry-standard sound accessories. It has a variable-friction arm in aluminum with an ergonomic handle for more precise movement. It includes an anti-rotation adapter and Nano Clamp with a 3.0 kg payload
• PCS-Cobra Arm 3/8” (list price: $/€39.95 /£34.95), semi-flexible with a dedicated 3/8” BSW male attachment and Hytrel washer. It’s a positioning accessory and is compatible with the PCS-Quick Release Connector range.
• PCS-Stand Base 3/8” and PCS-Stand Base Mini 3/8” (list price: $/€39.95 /£34.95 each), both low-lying stands with a 3/8” BSW male attachment to allow the mounting of microphones close to the floor. They fold flat for easier carry. The PCS-Stand Base 3/8” with PCS-Utility Kit option is also available (list price: $124.95/€124.95 /£109.95).
• PCS-Sound Stand 3/8” (list price: $/€69.95 /£61.95), offering an adjustable 2-section aluminum column with a 3/8” BSW male attachment with Hytrel washer, reaching a maximum height of 79 cm. The rigid black steel base also has a 3/8” BSW male attachment for use without the pole for low-level applications. It’s also available as a kit with the PCS-Utility (list price: $159.95/€159.95 /£139.95 each).
• PCS-Sound Stand Mini 3/8” (list price: $49.95/€49.95 /£43.95), a highly compact stand with extendable mini pole up to 20 cm.
The PCS Quick Release and PCS Stands and Grips are available for pre-order in the UK and US, with stock available now in Europe.