Renegade Labs has announced they are now shipping their M16 Digital Edit Suite Audio Mixer targeted at video editing facilities.
Utilizing the company’s powerful 328|MXE chassis, the M16 accepts up to 32 input channels of analog, mic-level, AES-format and SD/HD SDI signals, routing to eight analog/digital outputs; additional outputs can be added in either analog, digital or SD/HD SDI-embedded formats.
“By pairing a sophisticated 16-fader panel with the stand-alone 3RU 328|MXE chassis,” offers Keith Knudsen, Renegade Labs co-founder/VP of Sales, “the M16 Digital Audio Mixer takes edit-suite audio mixing to a new level.”
The new unit was developed by expanding the firm’s popular eight-channel Blue|328 and Gray|328 digital audio mixers, which use Renegade Labs’ smaller control surfaces.
Designed for edit-system control in linear edit suites, the M16 communicates to any edit controller with ESAM II protocol via an RS-422 serial port. Video-centric operation is enhanced by separate rows of buttons for Program or Preset assignment of audio to the faders, along with an edit system-controlled preview switcher.
The AUTO TO/FROM feature allows easy access to all 32 inputs under edit control, thereby eliminating the need to switch banks or recall registers during edits to access more inputs. The control panel can be either rack-mounted (8 RU) or used in tabletop mode.
Precision optical encoders along with soft-buttons provide flexible control of mixer operations. A 240×64 status LCD shows mixer status information and handles system setup. An optional 640×240 color LCD provides detailed metering in PPM, VU, K-Meter and Surround Sound, with peak and phase indication. A USB port handles register storage and software upgrades.
• Full eight-channel monitoring, including configurable matrix with Surround Sound modes and stereo Downmix.
• Built-in Preview Switcher allows for monitoring of Record machine without tying up faders.
• 16-button keypad matrix offers simple control of input assignments, output routing, monitor configurations and memory registers.
• 16 Video Frames of Audio Delay are available to fix even the toughest of A/V sync problems.
• Full 16-channel three-band parametric equalizer along with integral dynamics processor.
• 100 mm faders along with unity LEDs for smooth and precise level adjustments.
• Dedicated pan pots for easy output panning.
• Program and Preset busses provide video centric operations.