The OCA Alliance has announced a presentation schedule at the upcoming ISE 2023 show in Barcelona beginning on January 31, addressing three different topics at regularly scheduled intervals throughout the show with content aimed at new and experienced AES70 implementors, including:
- AES70-2023 Update: This presentation will provide an overview of the updates and additions to the AES70 standard contained in the 2023 update.
- Using AES70 – A Technology Overview: A high level overview of the features, benefits, technologies and design philosophies of the AES70 standard.
- Build AES70 Controller UIs with Open Source software- How To: An overview of some open source software libraries for web-based AES70 controller interfaces, and how libraries can be used to control OCA devices.
Presentations will be held at booth #7F100 at 11:00, 13:30 and 16:00 as follows:
Tuesday Jan 31:
- 11:00: Using AES70 – A Technology Overview
- 13:30: AES70-2023 Update
- 16:00: Build AES70 Controller UIs with Open Source software- How To:
Wednesday Feb 1:
- 11:00: AES70-2023 Update
- 13:30: Build AES70 Controller UIs with Open Source software- How To:
- 16:00: Using AES70 – A Technology Overview
Thursday Feb 2:
- 11:00: Build AES70 Controller UIs with Open Source software- How To:
- 13:30: Using AES70 – A Technology Overview
- 16:00: AES70-2023
Friday Feb 3:
- 11:00: Update Using AES70 – A Technology Overview
In addition to the presentations, visitors to the stand will be able to learn more about the AES70 Explorer software from DeusO GmbH, which is designed to connect, expose and control parameters in OCA objects to support hardware engineers developing or integrating AES70 into pro audio devices. The software provides a UI builder for fast setup of engineering interfaces and can simultaneously test multiple devices using an array of integrated pro audio widgets via the AES70 standard.
Also on show will be the Resolute Audio RA-ES70DSP04 configurable DSP Module with AES70 remote control from Profusion. This DSP module includes an AES70 device model so that any compliant controller can subscribe to and control its functionality, as well as an AES70 web-based user interface.
The Smart pi DSP from T&M Media Pty Ltd is a next-generation digital PA processor with audio processing ability that’s designed to support everything from the smallest to the very largest of systems. Modular and forward-upgradeable via firmware updates, the Smart pi DSP is based on industry standards that include Dante and OCA/AES70. All configuration is managed via a web interface and can be externally controlled via OCA/AES70.
OCA will also be able to demonstrate third-party AES70 control courtesy once again of DeusO. Using a generic 7-inch touch screen and a user interface built with open source software libraries, the demo connects and controls specific parts of the Smart pi DSP, thus highlighting zone-defined control of audio parameters and metering over AES70.
The Espressif development kit DSP integration example can be ordered for evaluation or R&D purposes. The module also contains a web user interface integrated with AES70.js for more convenient UI controls. AES70 Explorer is also supported.
Other tools to make adoption easier include the Audio Network Evaluation Board from JOYNED GmbH which helps pro audio manufacturers to develop AVB/Milan and OCA devices. The Audio Network Evaluation Board is a tool to test and validate open-standard network and control functionalities, also offering flexible configurations to serve a wide range of use cases and hardware architectures.