NSCA has announced the winners of the first-ever Excellence in Product Innovation awards, a new recognition program for products that have a significant impact on systems integrators.
Any manufacturer that produces low-voltage products for installation by integrators in the commercial space was eligible to apply for this award. The awards were announced on February 26 in Tampa, FL, at NSCA’s 17th annual Business & Leadership Conference.
One winner was named in each of the following categories, along with an overall Grand Prize Winner. The 2015 winners are:
• Installer-Friendly: Chief ConnexSys Video Wall Mounting System
• Interoperability: Kramer Electronics VIA Collage
• Retrofit-Friendly: Crestron DM 4K
• New Revenue Potential: BrightSign 4K Digital Signage Media Player
• Recurring Revenue Potential: Smartvue S12 Cloud Video Surveillance
• Ease of Customization: Biamp Systems Tesira
• Overall Grand Prize Winner: Chief ConnexSys Video Wall Mounting System
Additional considerations were made during the judging process in regard to how the products impact user experience (i.e. scalability, versatility, deployment cost, ease of use, ROI, ADA compliance, energy efficiency, etc.) The judging panel included NSCA’s executive director, the editor of Commercial Integrator, and a panel of integrators from across the country.
“The entries were absolutely incredible,” says NSCA executive director Chuck Wilson. “We had a great response to this new awards program, and are already looking forward to next year. Our focus is to recognize manufacturers that are totally committed to our channel, and every product that entered is making use of advanced technology that can truly help integrators offer something different and creative.”