At 2009 InfoComm in Orlando, MediaMatrix by Peavey unveiled nControl, a hardware and software package that expands the control capabilities of the MediaMatrix NION digital signal processing system.
MediaMatrix nControl is an auxiliary processing system that provides expanded control processing and additional extensive Python scripting capabilities for the NION platform.
With nControl, users can monitor the operation and health of all devices on a network via SNMP. Devices with serial ports connect to the nControl either directly or to a supported network serial server for control and management.
nControl supports I/O cards that allow the nControl to act as a media server, including audio recording and playback over CobraNet. An FTP interface allows for transferring audio files across the network to the nControl for recording and playback without requiring a project to be deployed.
Additional internal cards and network-connected devices are available to expand the GPIO and serial functionality allowing for custom, application-specific system configuration.
The GPIO expansion enables the use of TTL logic, switches, LEDs and other custom circuitry for additional control driven functions.
Support for RS-232, EIA-485 and EIA-422 serial interfaces is available locally to the nControl and connected across the network.
– 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, expandable to 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
– Rackmountable, 3RU package
– Record audio via CobraNet
– Play back audio via CobraNet
– Monitoring and control of devices on a network
– Expandable GPIO for specific applications
– Support for RS-232, EIA-485 and EIA-422 serial interfaces
– Intel Pentium E2160 Dual Core 1.8GHz processor
– Two 250 GB 7200 RPM SATA-300 drives configured as RAID 1 array