M-Audio has announced the introduction of M-Track Solo and M-Track Duo, two new USB audio interfaces for Mac and PC that are designed for music production, livestreaming, podcasting and listening to music.
Both are equipped with the company’s proprietary Crystal preamps that are designed to foster a more transparent, low-noise sound, and they also include +48-volt phantom power for powering condenser microphones.
Headphone connections, main outputs, and direct monitor selections are onboard to balance between the direct inputs and the playback from the user’s computer software, intended to make it easier to record new tracks or add parts to an existing composition. Also onboard is a USB/Direct Mono/Direct Stereo switch for monitoring mic, line or instrument inputs in stereo or mono.
Both are supplied with a software package that includes Pro Tools | First M-Audio Edition and MPC Beats. Also included is a mixing suite with 20 plugins, the AVID Effects Collection, and two virtual instruments: Eleven Lite for guitarists and Xpand!2 for synths.
• One XLR and 1/4-inch combo input
• Dedicated instrument input for guitar or bass
• Stereo line input for connecting digital piano, keyboard and more
• 1∕8-inch headphone and RCA stereo outputs for monitoring
• USB/Direct switch for listening to the input signal or the computer signal
• Two XLR and 1/4-inch combo inputa
• Dedicated switches to accommodate any microphone, instrument, or line level device
• Stereo 1/4-inch outs; 1/4-inch headphone out with independent level controls
• USB/Direct Mono/Direct Stereo switch for monitoring mic, line or instrument inputs in stereo or mono
New M-Track Solo & M-Track Duo are available immediately. U.S. retail price is $49 for M-Track Solo and $69 for M-Track Duo.