Lexicon has introduced I•ONIX U22, U42S, and U82S USB Desktop Recording Interfaces, with each model providing all the necessary tools to transform a computer into a professional 24-bit digital recording studio, including the USB 2.0 desktop recording interface, Steinberg Cubase LE4 multi-track PC and Mac recording software, Toontrack EZdrummer Lite virtual instrument software, and the new Lexicon Pantheon II VST/AU reverb plug-in.
The I•ONIX Desktop Recording Series is designed to set in an ideal location when using a DAW – between keyboard and monitor.
All models feature newly designed dbx microphone preamps on all analog inputs. The preamps are driven by a high-voltage supply to guarantee stability and provide superior recordings across a wide dynamic range. Performance driven A/D-D/A converters insure 24-bit/96kHz audio quality.
Director of Marketing for Lexicon Randy Garrett stated, “Lexicon is committed to bringing the same quality equipment to casual and aspiring musicians that it has provided to professionals for years. In-depth research into home and project studio recording provided the inspiration for the unique, ergonomic shape of the new I∙ONIX Series. In addition, the no compromise design guarantees outstanding audio performance.”
The Pantheon II VST/AU plug-in offers six reverb types with 16 adjustable parameters, and 35 factory presets that range from Vocal to Live Sound and Special Effects. The rich, full reverbs make it easy to add dimension and depth to any track.
Each of the three models allows for a different level of recording capability.
The U22 can record two channels simultaneously and includes two analog combi-jack mic/line inputs, two TRS balanced line outputs, a Hi-Z instrument input, a 1/4-inch high-power headphone output, and MIDI I/O.
The U42S records four analog and two digital channels simultaneously.
The U82S can record eight analog and two digital channels. In addition, the U42S and U82S include four and eight analog combi-jack mic/line inputs respectively, S/PDIF I/O, two instrument inputs, and two 1/4-inch headphone outputs.
Dedicated knobs and meters provide quick and easy access to input and output levels and locking combi-jacks make sure that a connection is not lost in the middle of a performance.
The I∙ONIX Desktop Recording Interfaces all include:
• USB 2.0 connection to the DAW, up to 480Mbps
• 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rates, 24-bit resolution
• Two, Four, or Eight analog 1/4-inch and XLR combi-jack mic/line inputs
• Two analog TRS (Stereo Main) outputs
• dbx high-voltage, ultra-low noise mic preamps on all analog inputs
• 48V phantom power for each input pair
• Input signal metering via 8 LED’s per channel
• Signal mixing and stereo bus signal metering
• Up to two 1/4-inch high output headphone connections
• Up to two Hi-Z instrument inputs
• Zero latency Direct/Playback monitoring
• Low latency ASIO drivers
• Pantheon II VST/AU reverb plug-in
• Steinberg Cubase LE4 and Toontrack EZdrummer Lite software packages
• Supports Windows and Mac platforms
For more information: