In these ten sessions participants will be given the opportunity to further their technical knowledge, keep up to date with codes and standards, and learn what it’s like to work as a rigger in other segments of the entertainment industry. Attendees will also hear from experts in related fields. Full session descriptions can be found here.
• Keynote address: Scott Fisher
• Show Rigging on Cruise Ships. Big ideas. Tiny venues.
• Ground Support Concert Rigs
• ANSI Standards and ICOPER. Paperwork that’s actually useful.
• OSHA, Risk Assessments and Rigging Emergency Action Plans
• Damn it, Jim. I’m a chain hoist, not a winch.
• Automation and Touring. Because we can.
• Structural Engineering. For when guessing just won’t do.
• Training, Certification and Liability. It’s a good start.
• Young Riggers Networking Lunch
• Hot Button Issues
The New World Rigging Symposium will also include multiple opportunities for attendees to network and a special lunch will include young industry members keen to learn from the professionals about how to pursue a career as a rigger.
Registration for the Symposium is now open. Registration for the two-day symposium, including lunches, is $375 and attendees will receive a free show floor pass to the USITT Stage Expo March 15-17. Attendees wishing to attend the full USITT Conference will receive a discounted price of $675 for both events.
A wide range of sponsorship opportunities is also available here.