EASTWEST announces a free update for its PLAY audio engine software – PLAY v1.2.0. – available as a free download on the company’s website (www.soundsonline.com/updates.php) for both Mac and Windows platforms in both standalone and plug-in versions.
“This update to PLAY offers our users a new ASE streaming engine that delivers the fastest streaming performance of any sampler, more than 400 stereo voices (800 voices, streaming)” says Producer and Founder of EASTWEST Doug Rogers.
Changes and enhancements in PLAY Software Update version 1.2.0 include:
• Improved save times for instrument files on windows.
• New ASE streaming engine.
• New micro tunings for Quantum Leap Silk and Quantum Leap Ra.
• Extended streaming setting dialog with reset engine functionality.
• Resolved mute bug issue.
• Fixed sustain pedal threshold.
• Improved fonts for Stormdrum 2 and Orchestra.
• Implemented poly aftertouch automation.
• Product libraries entries in the browser now can be changed, added or deleted.
• Fixed portamento and first silent note issue.
• Resolved FL Studio GUI issue.
• Fixed voice swapping issue.
• Improved installer
The streaming engine found in PLAY v1.2.0 will also be offered with PLAY PRO due for release in April.