Crest Audio has introduced the CKd Series of multi-channel, networkable, intelligent power amplifiers, which combine the power supply design of the Crest Audio Pro 200 with NexSys networking functionality and a lightweight class D topology.
The design centers around an high-efficiency amplifier output circuit which reduces weight while increasing output power, reliability and thermal efficiency.
The CKd Series offers four multi-channel models. The CKd 1208 and CKd 1204 provide 1,250 watts per channel in eight and four channels, respectively, while the CKd 608 and CKd 604 provide 625 watts per channel in eight and four channels.
Each amplifier channel will operate to rated power in direct 70-volt, 100-volt, 8-ohm or 4-ohm modes, configurable per channel.
CKd amplifiers are networkable through the new Crest Audio Nx Dante-8 NexSys control module to the Crest Audio NexSys 5 and Peavey MediaMatrix NWare software programs for advanced control and audio routing.
The Nx Dante-8 module fits into the rear bay of CKd Series power amps and supports all NexSys functions, DSP functions and Dante digital audio I/O via 1 Gigabit Ethernet connection.
A Control Voltage input is included on each channel to allow external gain control, while the Fault output on each channel allows the CKd power amps to be wired to other monitoring systems.
In addition, users can conserve energy by disabling channels that are not in use.
The CKd Series includes Crest Audio’s exclusive ACL (Active Clip Limiting), which automatically reduces gain at the onset of clipping to prevent amplifier and load damage, and IGM (Instantaneous Gain Modulation), which monitors load current to protect against overloading.
The CKd Series amplifiers and Nx Dante-8 module are backed by Crest Audio’s five-year warranty, and will be available in Q4 2011 from authorized Crest Audio dealers.
• CKd 1208: eight channels of 1,250 watts (4 and 8 ohms)
• CKd 1204: four channels of 1,250 watts (4 and 8 ohms)
• CKd 608: eight channels of 625 watts (4 and 8 ohms)
• CKd 604: four channels of 625 watts (4 and 8 ohms)
• Highly efficient and reliable class D design
• NexSys Module Bay
• Accepts NxCobraNet-8 and NxDante-8 modules for remote monitoring and control, DSP and digital audio transport
• Mode configurable per channel
• High Impedance: Direct 100V or Direct 70V – 1.4V sensitivity, 70Hz HPF
• Low Impedance: 8 Ohms, 4 Ohms – x40 gain
• Full rated power in each mode
• Tour Class Protection Circuits
• ACL, IGM, Short circuit, DC protect, Auto-Ramp, Current in-rush on/off, comprehensive thermal management
• Cool Operation – Uses a unique heat sink and high output variable speed fan with front panel mounted removable fan filter for easy maintenance
• Front and rear display – Invaluable when trouble-shooting or setting up a system
• Front mounted circuit breakers
• Sequential Turn On /Off (STO) – Connections for remote power control
• Control Voltage input per channel for external gain control
• Fault Output relay per channel for connections to other monitoring systems
• Detented gain potentiometer on each channel (accessible via rear panel)
• Euro input connection and barrier strip output connections
• All models are standard 2RU rack height and offer front to side cooling