Cloud Electronics has introduced the CX261, a 1U rack-mounted zone mixer for applications needing simple control of high-quality background music combined with flexible paging options.
The Cloud CX261 includes a front-panel 3.5mm jack input for easy connection to laptop, portable MP3 connection, or similar. Any one of six stereo line inputs can be mixed with one or two microphone inputs.
Independent control of music and mic levels is provided and may be operated remotely. While the main output is stereo, mono output – suitable for providing MOH (Music On Hold) to a telephone system – can also be simply configured.
Either mic input may be activated by voice (VOX) or short-to-ground access connections, where “MIC 1” may have priority over “MIC 2” or one line input may have priority over any other selected to facilitate connection of a digital sound store or similar device. MIC 1 may also be configured (with separate gain control) for direct connection to a telephone system, enabling paging messages to originate from any extension.
The unit is compatible with standard Cloud remote control panels – RL1 (music level) and RSL6 (music level and source selection)
• Six (unbalanced) stereo line inputs with individual gain control
• Two electronically-balanced mic inputs
• Front panel control of music source/level and mic level
• Front panel input (3.5 mm jack) for MP3 player, etc., with level control (disconnects rear panel LINE 1 input)
• HF & LF EQ adjustment for music and mic inputs
• Selectable LINE 6 priority with choice of release times
• Music Mute control input (NO or NC) for interface to emergency system
• Electronically-balanced stereo main output
• Aux output source selection (internal jumper) – follow main output or always LINE 2
• Optional Bose EQ cards available