Clear-Com has announced at InfoComm 2012 (booth C10345) that its HelixNet Partyline intercom system is available and shipping.
HelixNet Partyline, the industry’s first networked partyline intercom system, offers a unique set of capabilities for achieving greater efficiency, cost-savings and flexibility from setup to operation and maintenance.
The initial release of HelixNet Partyline consists of the HMS-4X main station, HBP-2X HelixNet beltpack, HLI-2W2 two-wire interface module and the HLI-4W2 four-wire interface module.
“For more than 40 years, the pro audio community has been using the common, three-pin XLR microphone cable to carry audio for analog partyline systems,” says Chris Barry, product manager at Clear-Com. “In order to preserve our customers’ investments in intercom systems and cabling infrastructure, we specifically designed the HelixNet Partyline to transmit four channels of digital-quality audio, plus program and power for beltpacks, over a single, shielded twisted-pair cable (ex. microphone cable, CAT-5 or CAT-6 cable). This capability alone is unprecedented in the history of intercom technology.”
HMS-4X HelixNet Main Station and Interface Module
• High channel density and high user capacity. The sleek 1RU HMS-4X HelixNet main station fits into any standard 19-inch rack and provides power, four channels of audio and program audio over a single twisted-pair cable
• No hum. No buzz. Unlike unbalanced analog intercom systems, the all-digital HelixNet system is immune to electro-magnetic interference and ground loops.
• Highly flexible, with intuitive user operations. System settings and menus are quickly accessible. Firmware maintenance and upgrades can be achieved easily via USB ports.
• Greater connectivity with existing analog intercom systems and audio devices. Three expansion bays in the main station accept optional HLI-2W2 two-wire and HLI-4W2 four-wire interface modules, providing seamless connectivity with existing analog intercom systems and audio devices.
HBP-2X HelixNet Beltpack
• High channel density and selectable channels. The rugged, ergonomically-designed HBP-2X HelixNet two-channel beltpack offers access to two of any four intercom channels plus program audio, each with individual level control. Networked audio is distributed over a single, shielded-twisted pair, keeping the number of cables required low.
• Easy to operate. Optimally positioned buttons and volume controls are easy to identify and navigate. The high-contrast, 10-character OLED display provides users specific, logical channel labels. Cabling simplicity allows operation on a wide variety of cables with the ability to configure the beltpacks in daisy-chain or star configurations, with no need for active split-boxes.
• Highly durable and flexible. HelixNet beltpacks are highly durable and fabricated from lightweight cast aluminum. A sturdy beltclip, rubber bumpons and an integrated strap guide offer a variety of practical mounting options.