By Gary Zandstra • May 31, 2011 With the advent of personal monitor mixing for musicians, the front of house guy is theoretically free from any monitor issues. However, that’s if: 1) The system is set up properly; 2) The musicians know how to use the stage system; 3) You don’t mess with the channel gain (If direct outs a channel are used). Remember, though, that just because the musician has control it doesn’t necessarily keep monitors from being a problem. The church where I mix has personal monitor mixers available on the stage. Our musicians are top quality, and are there consistently (we don’t have much turnover). So 99 percent of the time monitors are never an issue. However, that remaining 1 percent can be frustrating! I should note here that we do two distinct services every Sunday – they are very different from each other in terms of program and production elements. This past Sunday during sound check for the first service, the worship leader stopped mid-song and said very emphatically, “Can’t you hear that!!!!????” I responded, “Hear what?” He then proceeded to play a note right around A 440. As he played it I could hear feedback wanting to take off. On stage we had multiple choir microphones, a full rhythm section, a string player, a sax and a clarinet. I immediately thought the problem must be the choir mics, so I dialed out the general area of 440 Hz on the EQ. This seemed to help, sort of, but things still sounded “off,” and anything the musicians played in the key of F seemed to exacerbate the problem. Read the rest of this post 1 2 About Gary Gary Zandstra Consultant, Dan Vos Construction, Writer for Worship Facilities and ProSoundWeb Gary Zandstra has worked in church production and as an AV systems integrator for more than 35 years. He’s also contributed numerous articles to ProSoundWeb over the past decade. http://garyzandstra.com Comments Have something to say about this PSW content? Leave a comment! Cancel reply Scroll past the ”Post Comment” button below to view any existing comments. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *Comment Name * Email * Website This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed. adnan202 says Britney Spears in January released a new single, Chloe Bags For Sale “Hold me tight” (Hold It Against Me), and run welfare, in the “Fashion beauty” before the release, fans line to play some other new single clip ============================================== 70-643 70-646 70-646 70-647 70-648 70-649 70-652 70-653 craig says You had a lot of instruments on the scene and I think that’s the reason for this problem. Aer conditonat Tagged with: Church Sound IEM Monitors Personal Monitors Poll · all topics Subscribe to Live Sound International Subscribe to Live Sound International magazine. Stay up-to-date, get the latest pro audio news, products and resources each month with Live Sound.