The centerpiece of the Cakewalk SONAR V-Studio 700 production system is now available separately as a control surface for SONAR.
Matched with SONAR 8 Producer, VS-700C provides an exceptionally deep hardware/software integration, offering fluid control over all aspects of SONAR 8 Producer’s creative, editing, and mixing capabilities, maximizing workflow and productivity.
The VS-700C’s dedicated implementation of ACT (Active Controller Technology) dynamically remaps controls based on how the user is working in SONAR. Also, with the press of a button, the VS-700C provides instant control over any V-Link compatible video and imaging hardware, including the EDIROL DV-7 line of direct linear video editing systems.
• Nine 100mm touch-sensitive, motorized faders arranged in a bank of eight channel strips with a master channel
• Users can tab between fader banks and lock/unlock tracks and buses to faders for maximum efficiency when mixing large projects
• Channel Branch Mode is an innovative new mixing mode, where Channel Strip 1 will control the volume of a selected track while the remaining channels control the associated sends for that track
• One-level undo for all faders and encoders, using the ‘Revert to’ feature
• Total control over SONAR 8 mute and solo functionality including Dim Solo, Exclusive Solo, and Layer Mute/Solo
EQ, Send, ACT Section
• Dedicated section of 12 continuous push-button rotary encoders that can be used for EQ, Sends, or ACT control
• When controlling EQ, the rotary encoders edit four stages of parametric EQ gain, frequency, and Q for whichever channel has the focus
• In ACT mode, encoders automatically remap to control effect, instrument, or mix parameters of whatever view or plug-in has focus within SONAR
Surround and Video Implementation
• Full surround implementation with Joystick Panner, F/R Balance, LFE Send, and Width controls
• Multifunction T-bar for surround F/R balance and video hardware control
• Automate multiple surround parameters simultaneously
• Control video mixers/editors/presenters that support V-LINK protocol
Access, Project Navigation, Editing
• Control plug-in for SONAR provides user-definable presets that change the functionality of the VS-700C depending on tasks or workflow preferences
• Access Panel provides one-button functionality to call up different views and utilities; allows custom assignments from over 45 SONAR commands
• Joystick can move plug-in windows around your screen
• In addition to F/R balance and Video hardware control, the T-Bar offers: X-Ray option to fade plug-in windows in/out to allow access to the views below and the T-Bar can also be used as a dedicated ACT controller
• Complete SONAR transport functionality not available from any other control surface, including Audition, Rewind, Fast Forward, RTZ/GTE, and Pause
• Jog and shuttle wheels and Free Edit cursors for project navigation, scrubbing and zoom; provides complete scroll and zoom functionality, including flyover mode which lets you navigate around a project
• Use jog wheel to move, crop and fade clip(s), as well as time-stretch
• Select clips and time ranges, even across tracks and layers
• Split and mute clips with the touch of a button
• Insert, delete, bypass and control any VST effect from the control surface
• Mackie Control protocol support, provides basic compatibility (transport, faders, jog/shuttle, etc.) with other Windows DAWs
• A 2 x 13 LCD display for track names, parameter values, and markers
• 7 Segment LCD display for time-code and now time position
• Responsive metering for each channel
SONAR V-Studio 700 offers a feature-rich music production system that is accessible by a broad range of users.
SONAR customers who purchase the VS-700C can later purchase the VS-700R I/O to experience the full benefits offered by the complete SONAR V-Studio 700 system, which includes hardware control of the VS-700R from the VS-700C, 19 input channels, 8 digitally-controlled mic pres with compression on each channel, and onboard Fantom VS synthesizer featuring 1,400 patches with ARX expansion board capability, among many other features.