Avid today introduced Digidesign VENUE SC48: a fully-integrated audio and processing live sound solution developed for small to mid-sized houses of worship, clubs, and corporate A/V companies, as well as touring customers.
VENUE SC48 combines I/O, digital signal processing and tactile control and offers built-in support for a number of professional audio plug-ins that provide more creative mixing options.
Building upon the company’s VENUE family of professional live sound systems, the VENUE SC48 system delivers the same sound quality and clarity customers around the world have come to expect from VENUE, in a compact footprint. The console introduces several new features designed to enhance and streamline the mixing process including:
• Professional Plug-In Support enables customers to install and use software plug-ins from Digidesign and a number of third party developers to easily and instantly re-create and recall an artist’s signature studio sound during a “live” performance.
• Direct Connection to Pro Tools LE makes it simple to record shows and perform Virtual Soundcheck: a timesaving process that enables customers to playback and mix tracks recorded from a previous performance using a computer connected via VENUE SC48’s built-in USB port.
• Channel Control allows easy access, display and adjustment to any channel parameter with the single click of a button. In addition, any eight parameters can be assigned to the color-coded framework for immediate access during the mix.
• Center Flex Channel provides immediate access to any key input, such as a lead vocalist’s microphone, without having to go through fader layers.
• VCA and Group Spill provides easy control and quick access to grouped channels within a mix by focusing the control surface layout to match the logical groupings created by VCA and Group style mixing.
“The sonic quality of the SC48 far surpasses any other digital desk I’ve mixed on and has really helped us improve our finished product,” said Eric Kibbe, audio manager and mixer of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif. “Our services often change on the fly, and the size, flexibility and layout of SC48 enables me to work more quickly to address things in the mixes that were never before possible.”
All VENUE systems, including the VENUE SC48, Mix Rack, Profile and D-Show console, use the same VENUE D-Show software, allowing customers to easily transition show files between any system in the VENUE product line within a familiar interface.
And with VENUE D-Show 2.8.1 software – available in June to registered VENUE system owners for $149 USD via authorized dealers – customers can take advantage of several new workflow innovations, popular user-requested features and other enhancements to increase workflow and mixing efficiency across all VENUE systems.
“We realize that our wide spectrum of customers have different requirements. With the VENUE SC48, we’ve been able to advance our popular VENUE platform to meet the specific needs of customers in smaller to mid-sized applications, at an aggressive price point,” said Tex Schenkkan, Avid’s vice president and general manager, audio. “By expanding the current portfolio of the VENUE product family, the solution’s open plug-in architecture also enables our customers to integrate the console with industry-leading creative tools, enhancing the live sound experience.”
The new VENUE SC48 is available now. Click here for more specific information.
Take our Photo Gallery Tour to find out more about the SC48.