Audio-Technica (booth C2622) is debuting its new 6000 Series high density wireless system, a spectrum-efficient solution that allows users to pack 31 channels in 4 MHz of bandwidth.
The 2016 FCC Incentive Auction has resulted in a repack of the broadcast spectrum, reducing the amount of spectrum available for wireless microphone operations and driving the need for spectrum-efficient technology to operate a high number of simultaneous channels in today’s market.
To address this issue, Audio-Technica developed the 6000 Series, with channels spaced at 125 KHz intervals and can all be used simultaneously. The system operates in the 944-952 MHz band, which is free of broadcast TV. The FCC has expanded license eligibility for this band beyond broadcasters and content creators to include sound companies and venues that routinely operate 50 wireless microphones or more.
The 6000 Series system consists of the following components: the ATW-R6200 receiver, the ATW-T6001 body-pack transmitter, an optional ATW-DA410 antenna distribution system, and a number of compatible Audio-Technica lavalier and headworn microphones.
Key features include filtering to remove external noise; clear, easy-to-read displays; transmitter frequency setup from receiver via IR sync; network monitor and control; durable, compact body-pack transmitter design; and a reliable new miniature input connector.
The Audio-Technica 6000 Series wireless system will be available Spring 2017 with the following components and pricing:
- ATW-R6200 receiver: US $2,999
- ATW-T6001 body-pack transmitter: US $1,299
- ATW-DA410 antenna distribution system: US $4,349
- ATW-F948 pair of antenna filters: US $189
- AT898cH subminiature cardioid condenser lavalier microphone: US $179
- AT899cH subminiature omnidirectional condenser lavalier microphone: US $179
- BP892cH MicroSet subminiature omnidirectional condenser headworn microphone: US $309
- BP893cH MicroEarset omnidirectional condenser headworn microphone: US $259
- BP894cH MicroSet subminiature cardioid condenser headworn microphone: US $359