At the 2010 Winter NAMM show, TASCAM showcased the recently released DP-008, an 8-track Digital Portastudio small enough to fit into a guitar case.
Based on the DP-004, the DP-008 adds four more tracks for a total of eight tracks with built-in mixing.
It has dedicated knobs for volume and pan for each track, plus a reverb send knob for the built-in reverb effect. T
he DP-008 also has two XLR microphone inputs with phantom power, a guitar level input and even built-in stereo mics so you’re ready to record anything.
Tracks are mixed down to a dedicated stereo track and EQ is available on each track, but the Portastudio interface keeps it simple to use.
It records to SD Card media, and a 2 GB card is included with the unit. The DP-008 is available at an estimated street price of $299.
* 8-track Digital Portastudio
* 2-track simultaneous recording
* (2) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
* (2) 1/4-inch line inputs, one switchable to guitar level for direct recording
* 1/4-inch footswitch input and Autopunch features for punch-in recording
* RCA line outputs
* 1/8-inch stereo headphone output
* Powered by four AA batteries (included) or PS-P520 power supply (optional)
* Chromatic tuner and metronome features
* Stereo reverb effect on send/return path
* Level, Pan and 2-band EQ controls per channel
* 44.1kHz/16-bit recording resolution
* Records to SD or SDHC Card media, up to 32GB supported
* USB 2.0 connection to computer for backup and track/mixdown export
* 2 GB SD Card, USB cable, AA batteries included
* Built-in stereo electret condenser microphones
* Backlit LCD display