New for NAMM 2019, Arturia have revealed a new addition to their AudioFuse interface range. AudioFuse 8Pre is a high-spec 8 channel dual mode interface/ADAT expander in a studio-friendly rack format.
AudioFuse 8Pre can operate in two ways. First, you can use it as an audio interface with 8 channels of pristine, high-end analog DiscretePRO inputs, 8 channels of ADAT input, discrete line outputs, insert points, monitor and headphone control, and USB-C connectivity. 16 ins, 20 outs, with no sacrifice in quality anywhere in the signal path.
If you already own an ADAT-enabled audio interface, you can use AudioFuse 8Pre as an 8 channel expander to add more input channels to your setup. The superb quality of the in-built preamps provide the transparency and zero-noise gain you need, giving you the confidence to use your best mics – even ribbon mics with low output – without worrying about noise or weak signals. You can even use its ADAT input to send cue mixes to the headphones or monitor outputs from your interface, so your talent can hear exactly what they need to.
AudioFuse 8Pre key features:
• Dual operating mode: interface or expander
• Eight premium DiscretePRO© preamps with independent Mic/Line circuits, with insert points for channels 1 and 2
• Discrete monitor and headphone outputs
• Eight analog outputs. Route your mix to outboard gear, or give the soundman options for mixing your live performances
• Awesome connectivity: double ADAT i/o, backward compatible USB-C, and Word Clock
• Rack-mount or desktop,with dual-purpose rack ears/feet included
• Powerful AudioFuse Control Center software to route audio and control master settings
• Amazing AudioFuse Creative Suite included
Because AudioFuse 8Pre is both an interface and an expander, you can use two simultaneously to create a complete 16 channel recording solution using only the highest grade preamps and monitoring quality.
AudioFuse 8Pre is set for release in Spring 2019.