Amadeus has released a software update — version 1.7 — for the HOLOPHONIX immersive spatial sound processor that provides a new web-remote user interface redesigned for better performance and a faster workflow joined by new features for enhanced immersive creative projects.
The new version 1.7 update is free to all current users and is included with all new HOLOPHONIX hardware system purchases. HOLOPHONIX processors are installed are utilized in venues such as Paris-based The Pantheon, Chaillot National Theater, La Scala, La Comédie Française, as well as the Beijing Stadium (China), The Lee Seok Young New Media Library in South Korea, ETH Zürich in Switzerland, and many others.
Developed with several musical, theatrical and scientific institutions, the HOLOPHONIX processor was designed by Amadeus in a collaboration with the STMS (Sciences et Technologies de la Musique et du Son), a laboratory founded in 1995 and hosted by the Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique and affiliating the CNRS, Sorbonne Université, the Ministère de la Culture, and IRCAM around an interdisciplinary research theme dealing with music and sound sciences, and technologies.
“Previously, the Wave Field Synthesis algorithm was restricted to linear speaker arrays with regular spacing between the transducers,” says Thibaut Carpentier, Researcher at IRCAM, Lead Developer, and Head of the SPAT project. “With HOLOPHONIX 1.7, Wave Field Synthesis now also supports non-linear speaker arrays, including 2D surround setups. The algorithm can now control circular, rectangular, or curved-shaped loudspeaker layouts with non-uniform spacing.”
The HOLOPHONIX built-in reverberation engine also offers new features such as a “Room Size” parameter that lets users adjust the reverb effect more finely. Another new feature update is a per-speaker Equalizer, Carpentier adds. The Equalizer offers seven PEQ plus high- and low-pass filters; similar EQ is also available on the reverberation buses.
Highlighted features in HOLOPHONIX 1.7 software:
• Redesigned web-remote user interface to offer enhanced workflow
• Graphic performance stated as up to up eight times faster
• Loads large presets up stated as up to eight times faster
• New Options Bar displays different functions by selected view
• New Visibility Layers to manage displayed elements
• New Higher Order Ambisonics and Stream Sources
• New WFS Algorithm compatible with 2D immersive surround
• New Transformation Tool for better positioning control for objects in 2D and 3D
• New Transaural Algorithm for monitoring stereo loudspeakers
• New 3D Venue menu options
• Multiple OSC outputs
• New Undo/Redo functions
• New “Solo Clear” button for the mixer
• New Parametric EQ
• New online User Manual
Go here for more specifics on HOLOPHONIX.