The VR8 is a 2-way ultra-compact multi-purpose loudspeaker, for both portable and permanent applications. Featuring the multiple-patented Alcons RBN401 pro-ribbon driver, the VR8 combines a remarkable clarity and intelligibility with a high SPL; ideal for applications where high output, very high fidelity sound reinforcement is needed. It delivers a 1:1 uncompressed reproduction of the original sound source.
The VR8’s components are a 4” pro-ribbon driver with a Real-90” horizontal dispersion and 800 Watt peak power handling for MF/HF and an 8” vented mid-bass driver for LF. The frequency response is 74Hz. up to 20kHz. (+-3dB). Because of the RBN401’s fast transient response and the flat ribbon-famous frequency response, the VR8 excels in reference-monitor detailed performance from low to high SPL’s. As Alcons’ production tolerances of the pro-ribbons is within 1dB, every VR8 set can be regarded as a matched pair. The wedge-shaped enclosure + 90-degree revolvable 90°x40° wave-guide make the VR8 ideal as very compact FOH system or fill-in cabinet. The 37-degree floor angle, makes it also the perfect choice for floor monitoring as well as under-balcony sound system. The SIS™ pre-wiring ensures complete cable/connector compensation between the VR8 and ALC amplified loudspeaker controller (damping factor 10.000) resulting in tight and accurate mid and bass response. SIS™ also substantially.
- Ultra-compact reference monitor multi-purpose speaker system.
- RBN401 pro-ribbon HF driver with exceptional intelligibility and SPL output.
- SIS pre-wired for very high damping and further reduced distortion (with ALC).
- Extended headroom/SPL and protection in combination with SDP modules (with ALC).
- Asymmetric enclosure provides maximum mounting flexibility.
- Passive filtering for easy operation and economical powering.
- Powered and protected by Alcons Amplified Loudspeaker Controller.