UB MADI allows any computer to instantly connect to MADI via the most standard connector of all, USB 2.0.
DiGiCo UB MADI uses the latest Stealth Digital Processing™ FPGA technology straight out of DiGiCo’s award-winning SD range of consoles, yet fits into your top pocket and delivers 48 simultaneous inputs and outputs, totaling an unprecedented 96 channels of audio I/O over USB 2.0. Once the low latency driver is installed, UB MADI is a simple plug-and-play device, automatically detecting the MADI input format and clock selection. UB MADI then communicates with your preferred PC or Mac as a standard ASIO or Core Audio interface. Despite its ground-breaking performance, UB MADI requires just a single USB cable, providing both audio and power connectivity. Unlike existing PCI based solutions, UB MADI is fully hot pluggable, booting within seconds of its connection.
• Adaptable: USB 2.0 is found everywhere
• Fully hot-pluggable; audio flows within 4 seconds of the device being plugged in
• Small, light and robust; perfect for any high-performance location recording or virtual sound check system
• 48 channels offering SD7-derived FPGA and on-board 500MHz dualcore CPU with 48 channels of IO simultaneously (full-duplex at 48KHz only)
• Future upgradeable
• Stabile, as UB MADI is fully digital end-to-end and isn’t reliant on USB’s data clock for timing
• Compatible with virtually all Windows or Macintosh® computers with an Intel® Core™ Duo or better CPU and any manufactures product with a MADI port.
• Supported audio and clock formats; can receive the first 48 channels of any AES10-compliant MADI stream, as well as coaxial AES3 (AES/EBU) stereo audio