VXP Series is a self-powered line of sound reinforcement loudspeakers featuring the brand new IDEEA power module from Lab.gruppen. The product of tour-honed design experience, the world renowned manufacturer’s ultra-reliable amplifier platforms perfectly complement the acoustic excellence of Tannoy’s VX loudspeaker designs. The VXP 8.2 is a ultra-reliable and efficient, self-powered loudspeaker offering a high fidelity and sonically superior solution for small-medium scale sound reinforcement and high performance speech reproduction where clarity and vocal character are paramount.
At the heart of the IDEEA module is a patented Class D output stage capable of high power levels with very low distortion and minimal current draw all with a net operating efficiency in excess of 80%. A universal switching power supply accepts any mains voltage from 70 265V ( /- 10%) at 50Hz or 60Hz through the appropriate IEC cord. In Auto mode, the speaker turns on with signal present and switches to standby mode after 20 minutes of no input, in doing so reducing power consumption to less than 1 W (while in standby). Manual control mode allows the speaker to be turned on and off as required. Also provided is a switchable 90 Hz high-pass filter for use when adding a subwoofer. VXP 8.2 is available in black or white textured paint finish. The VXP 8.2 has also been acoustically matched with the wider range of VXP Series models, making it a perfectly capable component within much larger installations.
- 200mm (8) Dual Concentric driver and discrete 200mm (8) bass driver for extended LF performance.
- Tightly controlled 90 degree dispersion for optimum coverage and forward gain
- Peak output 122 dB
- Integrated Lab.gruppen IDEEA electronics providing ultra-reliable Class D amplification
- Integrip handle ergonomically integrated into top of cabinet and pole-mountable for optimum portability.
- Exceptional sound and performance for a cabinet of this size
- Rugged and highly compact birch plywood enclosure
- Available in black or white textured paint finish custom colours optional
- XLR input and link, PowerCON mains (included)