The R-1000 is an intuitive stand alone, dedicated recorder/player designed to work with the V-Mixing System in any live event or production. You can also use the R-1000 with any digital console that has MADI output capabilities by using the Roland S-MADI REAC MADI Bridge. The R-1000 is a perfect live recording solution that captures up to 48 channels of discrete audio all as separate broadcast wave files ready to open in a DAW of choice.
The R-1000 records superior audio by capturing the converted sound connected to the Roland Digital Snake Systems. Analog inputs and high-quality mic preamps are located close to the source where audio is immediately converted to 24-bit digital streams and sent over Ethernet. Using REAC, the pristine digital audio signal is transferred throughout the complete system path en route to the R-1000 hard drive and then back to any outputs and on to limitless split positions. Using the REAC system for recording provides the highest quality possible not found in any other live multi-channel recording solutions. As a playback device it can be used in live performances to play back selected channels to augment a performance or as a multi-channel playback deck for backing tracks. Sync two units together for a 96-channel recorder/player or sync to video with SMPTE (LTC) or via black burst. All files are stored on a removable hard disk drive (HDD) or solid-state drive (SSD).
- Records up to 48 tracks of 24-bit audio in BWF format to Removable Hard disk drive ensuring smooth integration with any DAW
- Flexible enough to fit into any configuration featuring video sync, Timecode, GPI and RS-232C. Integrates easily to any MADI equipped digital console using S-MADI REAC to MADI converter.
- Ideal for Virtual Sound Checks, Rehearsals, Playback and Training by simply connecting the R-1000 inline between V-Mixer and Digital Snake for selectable playback or record.
- Channels can be set to ““pass thru”” live from the digital snake inputs, record live input or playback from recorder
- Run a complete sound check to tune the room in a new venue with no need for musicians to come early
- Select the musicians (channels) missing from a rehearsal and continue anyway or select all or a group of channels for selective audio engineering training
- USB ports for backing up data and connecting PC for further software control
- Use with any MADI equipped console in combination with optional S-MADI