TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik has engaged some of the greatest minds in the microphone world to assist with the revolutionarylow mass diaphragm design which helps increase transient performance [snare drum!!!], increases clarity and detail [vocals!!!], and still maintains a rich “silky” midrange for guitar duties without getting harsh or brash.
1. Low mass yet extremely rugged diaphragm
2. exceptionally low “proximity effect” for clearer low frequency response
3. Highly directional which helps reduce potential for feedback
4. Hand made in the USA!!
5. Custom [US] transformer which is the secret to low noise and clear high frequency response
6. Provides condenser like performance with all the benefits of a dynamic microphone
7. Available with your choice of black or chromed head baskets
8. Available in several finishes - black [standard finish] gold [Snoop Dog finish] or chrome [ZZ Top finish]
The M80 is set apart from the pack by reducing the need for equalizers in the signal path. While the microphone provides a deep and rich tonal character and sparkly high frequency response, the lower midrange does not build up which increases vocal intelligibility through the low end of the speech / vocal range. It’s off axis rejection prowess permits hand held use with wedge monitors’ systems with little risk of feedback [unless mishandled].