Featuring a single-channel version of the award-winning ADL 600 high-end, Class A tube preamplifier; a fully variable, FET-based compressor; and a four-band semi-parametric equalizer, the ADL 700 channel strip is a superb creative tool for serious recording engineers and musicians. This boutique-style channel strip delivers ultra-low-noise performance; an extended frequency response of 10 Hz to 45 kHz; an extensive feature set, including variable mic-input impedance and switchable signal flow; and big, warm, smooth, clear, distinctive sound.
The preamp employs a Class A, discrete design with two 6922 and one 12AT7 tubes and 300V power rails for maximum headroom and superb tone. The dual-transformer design ensures low-noise operation. We use transistors, resistors, and capacitors, not op-amps.
The ADL 700 has XLR mic, XLR line, and TS instrument inputs, an XLR output, and an Input Source Select switch. The preamp offers a choice of four mic-input impedances and provides variable mic-input gain.
The ‘soft knee’ FET compressor includes fully variable parameters, and the compressors of two ADL 700s can be stereo linked. The 4-band semi-parametric EQ provides subtle signal-shaping without harsh artifacts. An EQ>Comp switch allows you to put the compressor before or after the EQ. You also can independently bypass the compressor and EQ.
You also get +48V phantom power; polarity inversion; 20 dB pad; -12 dB/octave high-pass filter; fast-acting, 8-segment LED meters; and large, backlit, dual-mode analog VU metering for output and gain-reduction levels.
1. Microphone Input Impedance Selectable, 150/300/900/1500
2. Noise Floor (all inputs, minimum gain) -95 dBu (A-weighted)
3. Microphone Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) -123 dBu (A-weighted)
4. Frequency Response 10 Hz to 45 kHz, 1 dB
5. Maximum Output Level +28 dBu (@ 0.5%THD+N)
6. EQ Type 2nd-order shelving filter with Q=0.55
7. Compressor Threshold Range -20 dBu to +30 dBu
8. Compression Ratio 1:1 to 4:1