Worship Facilities Conference & Expo (WFX) has announced its Advisory Council for WFX Houston, taking place November 5- 7, 2008 in Houston, TX. The Council, a board of 15 leaders in houses of worship, consultants, and suppliers, works together throughout the year to help create a conference program for growing churches that is both comprehensive and approachable, touching on facilities growth, church A/V production, digital church needs, and facilities operations and energy efficiencies.
The WFX Houston Advisory Council is credited with much of the success and growth of WFX over the past four years. “The knowledge and expertise that this group of industry leaders bring forth to shape of the WFX Conference program is vital,” says Nicole Derany, WFX Sr. Show Director. “The growth we have seen over the last four years is attributed to the quality of the WFX conference program these Advisory Council members put together.”
“The WFX Advisory Council understands the goal of WFX to bring the most up-to-date, relevant information pertaining to facilities and ministry growth to its attendees,” states Brian Blackmore, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher of Church Production Magazine and Worship Facilities magazine. “Not only do we assist in planning and outlining the key focuses of the conference, but we are active participants at WFX, sharing our knowledge and experience with attendees as speakers, presenters and exhibitors.”
The WFX Advisory Council includes:
- Doug Akers, Church Program Analyst, LifeWay Church Architecture.
- Brian Blackmore, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, Church Production Magazine & Worship Facilities magazine, Worship Facilities Track Chair.
- Dennis Choy, Technical and Production Pastor, North Coast Church, Vista, CA.
- Anthony Coppedge, CTS, Church Technology Evangelist, Former Church Technical Director, and Owner, Anthony Coppedge Consulting.
- Dr. David Fletcher, Founder and Host, XPastor.org and Executive Pastor, Grace Covenant Church, Austin, TX.
- Clay Gandy, Architect and Adjunct Faculty Member, Greenville Tech.
- Jill S. Gille, Executive Production Manager, Willow Creek Community Church, South Barrington, IL.
- Jerry Halcomb, Founder and CEO, HH Architects.
- Dean Johnson, Executive Director, National Association of Church Facilities Managers (NACFM) and Facilities Director, First Baptist Church of Lubbock, TX.
- Mark Johnson, Editor, Church Production Magazine, Church Production Track Chair.
- Jim Kumorek, Managing Editor, Church Production Magazine and Worship Facilities magazine and Former Technical Director, North Woods Community Church, Peoria, IL.
- Jerry Lawson, National Manager, ENERGY STAR Small Business & Congregations Network, U.S. Environmental Protection.
- M. Rex Miller, Director, Operation Mindshift, and Author, The Millennium Matrix.
- Dave Patchin, Executive Pastor, Hope Community Church, Raleigh, NC.
- James V. Pocock, Jr., Senior Pastor, Trinitarian Congregational Church, Wayland, MA.
With 5,000 attendees and 400 exhibitors, WFX Houston will deliver the information, resources and networking opportunities to help houses of worship, big and small, plan, execute and manage their growth objectives.
For more information: