Synchro Arts, creators of VocALign audio alignment software, has announced the release of Revoice Pro 2, the first major update of the original audio processing program.
Revoice Pro has been designed for professional audio editors and provides:
• Easy-to-use tools for manipulating audio features (timing, pitch, vibrato, inflection and level) with precision and quality.
• Unique automation of audio feature editing tasks to save time and enhance results.
Specifically, this update includes:
• Manual Time, Pitch and Level editing of the APT output
• VST 3 and Audio Unit Revoice Pro Link plug-ins
• Improved quality of alignment and audio processing
• Numerous time saving features and faster work flows
Revoice Pro is a purpose-built stand-alone program which includes two unique automated processes:
1. Audio Performance Transfer (APT) process, which automatically transfers selected timing, pitch, vibrato, inflection and/or loudness characteristics of a good “guide” audio signal to one or more target audio signals (“dub”). APT is powered by and includes an advanced version of VocALign.
2. Realistic Doubler, which instantly creates natural-sounding mono or stereo double tracks from one input signal. It can also provide creative time and pitch modulation effects.
ReVoice Pro also provides adjustable control of the tightness of the time, pitch and loudness corrections, so editors can get the exact effect they want—whether getting the tightest ADR or vocal replacement—or thicker but clearer and punchier vocals.
Revoice Pro 2 has added the ability to make manual adjustments to the pitch, timing and level of APT putput signal with easy to use controls.
The program integrates in several ways with all professional Mac-based digital audio workstations and includes Audio Suite, VST3 and AU Link plug-ins plus a Rewire interface for efficient monitoring options and synchronized playback.
• Tightening the timing, pitch and vibrato of “stacked” lead and backing vocals or instrumental tracks.
• Creating one or more realistic double tracks from a single input tracks.
• Lip-syncing dialogue (ADR) and vocals by the same or different performers, even when there are noisy guide tracks.
• Changing the inflection in dialogue (ADR, voice-overs etc.) with the desired guide pattern provided by recording the director or dialogue editor.
Revoice Pro accomplishes these tasks automatically.
• APT that includes process-based audition, providing instant comparison of before and after processing of one or two signals, as well as protected regions, which avoids creating artifacts by not processing the time, pitch or both in small, user-defined areas of signals where guide and dub differ.
• Doubler that processes mono or stereo input and creates mono or stereo outputs.
• Stand-alone program that works with all professional Mac-based editors including Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, etc.
• Multiple methods for efficient audio transfers – including drag and drop, plug-ins, and export tool, all able to place output at correct time.
• Includes rewire for extra monitoring options and in-place testing.
• Multiple view windows, multiple open sessions.
• High-quality multitrack scrubbing.
• Manual waveform and pitch editing options.
Added Features in Revoice Pro 2:
• Manually adjustable timing, pitch, vibrato, and level with intuitive controls. (Useful for preparing Harmony tracks to be guide tracks without needing external editor.)
• New APT process controls can restrict audio from being moved too far, allowing better alignment of signals containing multiple short “bursts” of audio that match a guide.
• More manual pitch editing functions to group, split, join pitch groups and blocks. Smooth Pitch command for removing discontinuities and jumps in pitch trace.
• Improved quality of audio processing.
• NEW AU (Audio Unit) and VST3 Revoice Pro Link plug-ins so Logic, Cubase, Nuendo and other (Mac) DAWs that use AU and VST3 plug ins can now transfer audio from one or more DAW tracks simultaneously to Revoice Pro.
• APT and Doubler Process control blocks can be instantly copied with all settings to other signals by drag and drop, saving the user set-up time.
• Tracks and waveforms can also be copied by drag and drop to creates copies (with auto incremented name).
• Individual channels of a multi-channel file can be displayed for detailed examination
• Can create default session templates
• Can drag and drop processed audio as a copy into DAWs or as “bounce” to Revoice Pro tracks.
• Can duplicate processes by dragging
A 14-day free trial license (iLok-based) for Revoice Pro can be obtained from www.synchroarts.com, along with downloads of the Revoice Pro program, online manuals, demos and tutorial videos.
A free subscription to Live Sound International is your key to successful sound management on any scale — from a single microphone to a stadium concert. Written by professionals for professionals, each issue delivers essential information on the latest products specs, technologies, practices and theory.
Whether you’re a house monitor engineer, technical director, system technician, sound company owner, installer or consultant, Live Sound International is the best source to keep you tuned in to the latest pro audio world. Subscribe today…it’s FREE!!
From the December 1984 issue of the late, great Recording Engineer/Producer (RE/P) magazine, Mel Lambert and Sam Borgerson interview an icon of the industry. Bob Clearmountain’s resume includes projects for…