Symetrix announces the Radius 12x8, a Dante-networkable, fixed I/O, open-architecture digital signal processor that expands the SymNet platform.
Radius may be installed as a standalone processor or used in conjunction with SymNet Edge or third-party Dante network-enabled devices to achieve the scalability and flexibility needed to meet the specifications of the simplest to the most complex installations.
“The Radius 12x8 is an extremely powerful installed sound DSP making use of one of the industry’s most popular input/output form factors – 12x8,” says Paul Roberts, CEO of Symetrix. “In response to integrator feedback, the SymNet Radius 12x8 includes ARC-WEB, our simple, yet powerful, browser-based user-control technology, compatible with Apple and Android smartphones and tablets.”
Audinate Dante delivers a no-hassle, self-configuring, true plug-and-play digital audio network that uses standard Internet Protocols.
Lee Ellison, Audinate CEO, remarks, “Symetrix has done their research and is seizing the opportunity with the launch of the Radius 12x8, their second Dante-enabled product to hit the market this year. “ Ellison adds, “With the new Radius, customers will be able to easily connect to the many other Dante-enabled products now available which in turn offers a broader networked solution for everyone.”
• Plug-and-play networking enables multiple Radius and Edge units to function as building blocks in a scalable system design, from one DSP to many.
• Easy transition to Radius 12x8 with advanced training available online 24/7 and Symetrix technical support staff available for design assistance.
• Twelve mic/line inputs, eight line outputs.
• Configure with SymNet Composer software with over 600 DSP modules.
• Internal gigabit and 10/100 switches eliminate the need for third-party switches in most systems.
• Network audio expansion using Dante protocol over standard IT networks. 64 transmit and 64 receive channels. Ultra low latency.
• User control: Symetrix ARC wall panels, ARC-WEB web app, SymNet SymVue, third-party touch screens.