StarTech.com has announced the release of two new HD Video Capture Cards – a PCI Express Video Capture Card (PEXHDCAP), as well as an ExpressCard Video Capture Card (ECHDCAP).
While both cards support full, high-definition (1080p) video capture, the PCI Express Capture Card supports both digital and analog video input support with built-on HDMI and DVI input ports, and includes the necessary adapters for converting and capturing video from VGA or component video sources.
“Both of these capture cards are in demand, because they’re capable of supporting 1080p video capture” said John Mardinly, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com’s audio-video product line. “The PCI Express capture card offers unique value, because of the DVI and VGA capture capabilities it offers, which make it ideal for a wide range of applications including things like creating training videos or capturing video from a PC to put into training presentations or videos.”
Features of the new HD Video Capture Cards/adapters include:
· Support for full high-definition video capture, from HDMI output devices
· Analog video conversion and capturing (PEXHDCAP only), from DVI, VGA or Component video sources
· Full 1080p video capture
· HDMI audio or 2-channel stereo audio capture support
· Still image capture supported
· MPEG-4 and H.264 encoding
· NTSC and PAL system supported
· 16:9 and 4:3 Aspect Ratio support
· Supports the Adobe Premiere CS5 Plug-in for video editing
· DVI to VGA adapter included (PEXHDCAP only)
· HDCP Compliant
The PCI Express Video Capture Card (PEXHDCAP) and ExpressCard Video Capture Card (ECHDCAP) are available for purchase from leading technology resellers including CDW, Newegg.com, Amazon.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will also be distributed by Ingram Micro, Tech Data, D&H, SYNNEX and ASI. MSRP for the PEXHDCAP is $174.99 (USD) in the United States and $179.99 (CDN) in Canada and for the ECHDCAP it is $198.99 (USD) in the United States and $204.99 (CDN) in Canada.