Solid State Logic (SSL) has announced the release of the new MX4, which combines in one package a very high channel count/high quality audio interface, a versatile software mixer, and DSP powered plug-ins that provide console grade precision processing.
The MX4, which debuted at at the 2009 Prolight+Sound & Musikmesse in Frankfurt, is a solution for audio professionals working in complex recording and mixing environments.
The 128-channel MADI I/O can be combined with SSL Alpha-Link audio format converters connected directly to suitably equipped consoles or integrated with broadcast routers to deliver a very high channel count with uncompromised audio quality.
The MX4 flexible mixer architecture, true multi-client operation and “near zero” latency create a powerful system with the versatility to produce several multi-channel record feeds and headphone/artist monitor feeds. The MX4 can also build Mix Minus monitor feeds in broadcast applications. SSL console grade plug-ins ensure that any system can meet all processing requirements.
The Audio Interface:
• 128 channels of digital audio I/O over fiber optic MADI
• Mac or PC compatible SSL ‘PCIe-Core Audio Pipeline’ drivers
• Multi client divers – multiple audio applications appear in the mixer and access the I/O simultaneously
• Very high channel count, high sample rate recording & playback
• 2 x 64 channel optical MADI ports on half-length PCIe card
• 1x Wordclock Connector (Software controlled as Input or Output)
• Near Zero (4 samples) latency delivers ideal monitoring environment
• Full Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC) for VST Plug-Ins, I/O’s and external Processing/Conversion Delays
• Combine with SSL Alpha-Link audio format converters to create complete audio I/O solutions
The Software Mixer:
• Open architecture mixing environment; build your own mixer with mono, stereo or 5.1 channels and create routing and buss architecture
• Flexible routing architecture facilitates multiple headphone/artist monitor mixes, duplicated output feeds for multi DAW recording or Mix Minus routing for broadcast applications
• On board DSP powers SSL console grade plug-ins for the SSL sound inside the box
• SSL Channel EQ plug-in – 4 band parametric EQ with E & G Series console characteristics
• SSL Channel Dynamics plug-in – the perfect transparent Compressor & Gate/Expander
• Stereo Bus Compressor plug-in – the legendary G Series Stereo Bus Compressor
• VST2.0 plug-in architecture supports a vast range of third party plug-ins
• Includes the SSL Soundscape Audio Toolbox plug-in bundle with 4 Band Parametric EQ, Filter, Dynamics, Chorus/Flange, MS Decoder & Dither
• Support for SSL Soundscape DSP format plug-ins
MX4 will be available from SSL resellers worldwide starting May 2009 with an MSRP of $1,999.
Solid State Logic Website