Shure Incorporated has announced that the PG27USB and PG42USB side address cardioid condenser microphones are now shipping.
“Shure has a long history of building professional gear that stands up to the punishing treatment of traveling musicians. The introduction of our USB microphones is a testament to the fact that recording has moved beyond the studio,” said Scott Sullivan, Shure Senior Director of Global Product Management. “Now, everyone from on-the-go artists to traveling podcasters can create and capture professional sound quality from the road.”
Both microphones connect to any USB computer port with “plug and play” performance, and they feature built-in headphone monitoring with zero latency and monitor mix control.
The PG27USB features a flat, neutral frequency response for reproduction of a wide variety of instrument and vocal sounds, while the PG42USB was engineered to reproduce the subtle nuances of lead vocals; its large diaphragm, low-cut filter and external shock-mount are all optimized for the higher sensitivity required for vocal performances.
Unique features of the PG27USB and PG42USB:
• Large diaphragm capsule: Provides wider dynamic range, clear highs, and strong lows.
• USB “Plug and Play” Connectivity: Enables the convenience of digital recording, anywhere your computer goes.
• Integrated pre-amp with microphone gain control: Allows control of input signal strength.
• Zero latency monitoring: For real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation.
• Headphone jack: For monitoring with 1/8-inch connectivity.
• Monitor mix control: For blending microphone and playback audio.
• PG27USB: $199.00 retail [$238.00 MSRP]
• PG42USB: $249.00 retail [$298.00 MSRP]
The PG27USB and PG42USB Side Address Condenser Microphones carry a two-year limited warranty and can be purchased at select retail partners listed at www.shure.com.