Shure has announced that the X2u XLR-to-USB signal adapter is now shipping.
“Over the past several years, more and more musicians, both professional and amateur, have taken recording into their own hands at home, on the road, in their bedroom, basement, tour bus…wherever,” said Chad Wiggins, Shure’s Category Manager for Wired Microphones. “With this new product, we’re bringing the legendary heritage of Shure microphones to every level of performer and home recording artist as the proliferation of digital recording continues.”
The X2u adapter is a modular accessory that connects any XLR microphone to a computer to create high-quality quality recordings, and ships as a stand-alone unit or in bundles with either the SM57 or SM58 microphones. Further, X2u mimics the sleek design of those Shure microphones and can be used unobtrusively for live and in-studio recording.
X2u unique features include:
• USB “Plug and Play” Connectivity: Enables the convenience of digital recording, anywhere your computer can go (compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X 10.1 or above).
• Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control: Allows precise control of input signal level to prevent overload of the analog-to-digital converter.
• Zero Latency Monitoring: Enables real-time playback and facilitates multi-tracking with no disorientating echo.
• Headphone Jack: For monitoring with standard 1/8-inch connectivity.
• Monitor Mix Control: For blending microphone and playback audio.
• 48-volt Phantom Power: For compatibility with all condenser microphones.
Pricing and availability:
• X2u Adapter: $129 retail [$154 MSRP]
• SM58/X2u Bundle: $199 retail [$298 MSRP]
• SM57/X2u Bundle: $199 retail [$298 MSRP]
The X2u Signal Adapter carries a two-year limited warranty and can be purchased at select retail partners or at www.shure.com.