January 31, 2013, by PSW Staff
At the 2013 NAMM Show, Mackie showed the new DL806 8-channel digital live sound mixer with iPad control.
Easy-to-setup wireless control means users can mix from anywhere, using up to 10 iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices.
The DL806 hardware provides high-quality sonic performance with eight Onyx mic preamps and 24-bit Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters and a host of plug-ins like EQ, dynamics, effects and GEQ.
It is intended for a wide variety of smaller applications and venues.
Overview of the new DL806
• 8 Onyx mic preamps
• High-end Cirrus Logic converters
• Low-noise, high-headroom design
• 4 aux sends for monitor mixes
• Master L/R output for mains
• Choice of touch-sensitive plug-ins
• 4-band EQ, gate and compression on inputs
• 31-band GEQ and comp/limiter on outputs
• Global reverb and delay
• Seamless wired to wireless mixing
• Tune the room from anywhere
• Get on stage to ring out monitors
• Personal monitor mixing with access control ability
• Use up to 10 wireless devices simultaneously
Total Control From iPad, iPhone or iPod touch:
• Intuitive Master Fader app for all iPad models2
• My Fader app for quick control from iPhone or iPod touch3
• “Grow and Glow” visual feedback
• Preset and snapshot recall
• Record the mix to the iPad for instant sharing4
• Integrate music from any app into the mix4
• PadLock feature locks down iPad for permanent installs
• Industry standard Kensington lock secures mixer
• Compact footprint saves precious workspace
• 15.5 x 11.5 x 3.9 inches
• 6.9 pounds