The National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA) has announced the names of the 2012 Movers & Shakers Award – an award which recognizes individuals who have had a significant influence on the industry during the past year.
The winners will be recognized Thursday, June 14, from 3 pm – 5 pm during the NSCA Member Appreciation Reception in NSCA booth C11536 at InfoComm 2012.
During the reception NSCA will also recognize Gary Venable Sr. of All Systems Designed Solutions, who has been named the 2012 Per Haugen Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
“This is an exciting time in our industry as we honor individuals who continually push not only their businesses, but the industry as a whole forward,” said Chuck Wilson, NSCA executive director. “Many times awards are given to organizations, but it is an honor to recognize individual success and especially to so many new leaders within our industry.
“Honoring an individual like Gary who has committed his life to providing a better life through technology or through philanthropy, these new leaders have big shoes to fill and it is fun to watch the innovation take place.”
In its second year, the NSCA Movers & Shakers are bringing new attendees to the InfoComm show and recognizing achievements from CEOs, sales, engineering and marketing professionals from within the commercial electronic systems industry.
2012 Movers & Shakers include:
• Michael Boettcher, Advanced AV
• Jerry Gale, Alpha Video & Audio, Inc.
• Doug Hall, Whitlock
• Stephen Kohler, Shure Incorporated
• Jerry Lamb, CCI Solutions
• Scott Lord, All Systems Designed Solutions
• Brian Lund, RFI Communications & Security Systems
• Jim Mauger, Audio Video Resources
• Christine Morris, Prysm, Inc
• Christopher Neto, AV HELPDESK, Inc.
• Scott Oosthuizen, AVDB Group
• Derek Paquin, Sensory Technologies
• Kelly Perkins, Vaddio
• David Riberi, CCS Presentation Systems, Inc
• John Riley, Almo Professional A/V
• Cory Schaeffer, Listen Technologies
• Tony Warner, RTKL
• Jennifer Willard, Judicial Council of California
The 2012 Per Haugen Lifetime Achievement Award, Gary Venable Sr., who started as a professional engineer, recognized more than 30 years ago a need for better electronic systems, designs and services. He created All Systems in 1974; a Christian-based technical design company in fire, security and communication technologies.
Gary’s family-owned business has become a leader in the life-safety and mission-critical systems industry. Gary ensures his company, and his life, revolve around integrity, innovation, reliability and honoring customer’s goals to provide cost efficient solutions.
He has left his company in great control of his children, Gary Venable Jr. and Kourtney Govro, which allows Gary to focus on his passion – philanthropic work through a charity he created, India Eagle (www.indiaeagle.com) and East-West Ministries International (www.eastwest.org).
His work with India Eagle provides servant organizations in India to provide business development, education and community programs to create a better standard of living.
The Per Haugen Lifetime Achievement Award is based on an individual who exhibits:
• Dedication to philanthropy and social responsibility
• Conduct his/her business practices with high ethics, values, integrity and honesty
• Active leadership to guide the financial well-being of his/her company and NSCA
• Exemplify his/her strong values in every aspect of their life