Line 6 has announced the availability of StageScape M20d, a smart mixing system for live sound with a unique touchscreen visual mixing environment.
The visual mixing system replaces the traditional mixer channel strip with intuitive touchscreen control. In Perform Mode, a graphic display of the stage setup uses icons to represent each performer or input.
Further, a color-coded encoders provide immediate access to level control. A single touch on a performer’s icon gives access to all parameters relating to that channel, from basic tweaks to deep effects editing.
The audio signal chain can be controlled via an X-Y tweak pad. Drag a finger toward common sound descriptors like “bright” or “dark” and multiple parameters adjust simultaneously to achieve that sound.
Deep Edit mode gives more experienced operators access to every effect parameter via a familiar plug-in style interface.
StageScape M20d streamlines setup with auto-sensing mic and line inputs and outputs that can detect when a connection is made and automatically configure the channel gain, EQ, effects and routing.
A host of recording options are also available. StageScape M20d provides multi-channel recording in high-resolution, 24-bit WAV files to SD card, USB drive or direct to computer, enabling easy capture of every rehearsal and performance.
StageScape M20d provides professional-grade effects on every channel, including fully parametric EQs, multi-band compressors, feedback suppression and more.
In addition, four master stereo effects engines are available, comprising reverbs, delays and a vocal doubler. Users can configure channel effects quickly with a wide range of channel presets that cover everything from individual drum settings to lead vocals.
The mixer can be controlled by using one or more devices with StageScape M20d. This makes it possible to set individual monitor mixes from the stage, or adjust the front-of-house mix from any location inside the venue.
Equipped with the L6 LINK digital networking protocol, StageScape M20d allows easy configuration and control of PA systems of any scale. Connect StageScape M20d to L6 LINK-enabled StageSource speakers and the system automatically configures stereo signals and effects, sets individual component levels and adjusts individual loudspeaker performance.
“For musicians who take care of their own live sound, getting great results consistently can be a time-consuming and frustrating experience—particularly when they want to be focused on performing,” says Simon Jones, vice president of new market development at Line 6. “StageScape M20d answers those challenges by reinventing mixer workflow to better empower musicians to dial in a great mix with speed and ease.
“With a smart design to dramatically reduce setup time,” he continues, “intuitive touchscreen control that simplifies complex mixing tasks, and premium mic pres and effects to ensure the best sound quality, StageScape M20d will deliver great sound in a range of situations.”
• 12 high-performance, digitally controlled, auto-sensing mic/line inputs
• 4 additional auto-sensing line inputs
• 2 digital streaming inputs direct from computer, USB drive or SD card
• Stereo line inputs for integrating MP3 players or other sound sources
• 4 auto-sensing monitor outputs on balanced XLR connectors
• 2 auto-sensing main outputs on balanced XLR connectors
• L6 LINK multi-channel digital networking for integrating L6 LINK-enabled speaker systems
• 7-inch, full-color touchscreen visual mixing environment
• Remote control capability via one or more iPad® devices via an optional USB WiFi adapter
• Multi-channel recording to computer, USB drive or SD card
• Quick-capture recording to internal memory for sound check
• Internal 32-bit floating point audio processing
• Parametric EQs, dynamic EQs, compressors, multi-band compressors, gates, delays, limiters and more
• Multi-band feedback suppression on every mic input
• 4 stereo master effects engines including reverbs, delays and vocal doubler
• Virtually unlimited I/O setups, scenes and channel processing presets