The new Line 6 StageScape M20d provides a touchscreen visual mixing environment, offering digital processing on every channel, including multi-band feedback suppression, as well as multi-channel recording and remote control capabilities via one or more iPad devices.
In Perform Mode, a graphic display of the stage setup uses icons to represent each performer or input. Color-coded encoders provide immediate access to level control. A single touch on a performer’s icon gives access to all parameters relating to that channel, from basic tweaks through deep effects editing.
The audio signal chain can be controlled via an innovative X-Y tweak pad. Drag a finger toward common sound descriptors like “bright” or “dark” and multiple parameters adjust simultaneously to achieve that sound. Deep Edit mode gives more experienced operators access to every effect parameter via a familiar plug-in style interface.
StageScape M20d streamlines setup with auto-sensing mic and line inputs and outputs that can detect when a connection is made and automatically configure the channel gain, EQ, effects and routing.
A host of recording options are also available. StageScape M20d provides multi-channel recording in high-resolution, 24-bit WAV files to SD card, USB drive or direct to computer, enabling musicians to easily capture every rehearsal and performance.
StageScape M20d features professional-grade effects on every channel, including fully parametric EQs, multi-band compressors, feedback suppression, and more.
In addition, four master stereo effects engines are available, comprising studio quality reverbs, delays and a vocal doubler. A wide range of channel presets covering everything from individual drum settings to lead vocals allow musicians to configure appropriate channel effects quickly.
Using one or more iPad devices with StageScape M20d gives musicians control of the mixer from any location. This makes it possible to set individual monitor mixes from the stage or adjust the front-of-house mix from any location inside the venue.
Equipped with the L6 LINK digital networking protocol, StageScape M20d allows complete PA systems of any scale to be easily configured and controlled. Connect StageScape M20d to L6 LINK enabled StageSource loudspeakers and the system automatically configures stereo signals and effects, sets individual component levels and adjusts individual speaker performance.
When connected via L6 LINK, StageScape M20d and StageSource speakers are capable of unparalleled power and flexibility. Together they redefine the typical mixer-speaker paradigm to introduce a smarter live sound experience in which the live rig is a complete, intelligent eco-system rather than merely a linear combination of components.
“For musicians who take care of their own live sound, getting great results consistently can be a time-consuming and frustrating experience – particularly when they want to be focused on performing,” said Simon Jones, vice president of new market development at Line 6. “StageScape M20d answers those challenges by reinventing mixer workflow to better empower musicians to dial in a great mix with speed and ease.
“With a smart design to dramatically reduce setup time, intuitive touchscreen control that simplifies complex mixing tasks, and premium mic preamps and effects to ensure the best sound quality, StageScape M20d will deliver great sound in a range of situations.”
• 12 high-performance, digitally controlled, auto-sensing mic/line inputs
• 4 additional auto-sensing line inputs
• 2 digital streaming inputs direct from computer, USB drive or SD card
• Stereo line inputs for integrating MP3 players or other sound sources
• 4 auto-sensing monitor outputs on balanced XLR connectors
• 2 auto-sensing main outputs on balanced XLR connectors
• L6 LINK multi-channel digital networking for integrating L6 LINK enabled speaker systems
• 7-inch full-color touchscreen visual mixing environment
• Remote control capability via one or more iPad® or iPad® 2 devices via an optional USB WiFi adapter
• Multi-channel recording to computer, USB drive or SD card
• Quick-capture recording to internal memory for sound check
• Internal 32-bit floating point audio processing
• Massive DSP power provides parametric EQs, dynamic EQs, compressors, multi-band compressors, gates, delays, limiters and more
• Multi-band feedback suppression on every mic input
• 4 stereo master effects engines including reverbs, delays and vocal doubler
• Virtually unlimited I/O setups, scenes, and channel processing presets.