At the 2014 NAMM show, JBL Professional introduced the VTX F Series, a line of 2-way multi-purpose loudspeakers designed to add to the performance of JBL’s VTX Series line arrays.
The F Series includes three models: the F12 and F15 full-range loudspeakers and the F18S subwoofer.
The VTX F12 and F15 loudspeakers incorporate the large-format JBL D2 dual-diaphragm, dual-driver employed in the VTX V25 full-size line array loudspeaker and the M2 Master reference monitor. All F Series models also feature JBL’s lightweight, high-power Differential Drive transducer technology.
The F Series is named for five key features:
1) Fill: For point-and-shoot fill such as stacked stereo in fill/out fill, the F12 and F15 are an excellent sound design complement to VTX V25 due to the sonic consistency provided by common large-format D2 driver technology.
2) Flexible: Pole mount and suspension options allow F Series to be used in a wide variety of distributed fill configurations for corporate/industrial applications such as ballroom delay rings and trade show booths.
3) FOH (Front of House): Stand-alone (pole-mounted) or when paired with the F18S subwoofer, the F12 and F15 can be used as a premium-quality, compact format front-of-house or side fill monitoring system.
4) Floor Monitor: With their clean lines, high-performance components and dedicated V5 processing, F-Series loudspeakers are perfectly suited for demanding tour sound stage monitoring requirements.
5) Firehouse: The F Series is a design collaboration between JBL Professional and Firehouse Productions of Red Hook, New York.
The VTX F12 is a bi-amplified 2-way enclosure that features a Progressive Transition Waveguide (90 x 50 degrees) and the 2262H 12-inch diameter (3-inch) dual voice coil, neodymium Differential Drive, Direct Cooled transducer. It offers power handling (AES 2-hour) of 1000 watts continuous, 4000 watts peak (low frequency) and 200 watts continuous, 800 watts peak (high frequency).
The F15 is a bi-amplified 2-way enclosure with a Progressive Transition Waveguide (90 x 50 degrees) and the 2265H 15-inch diameter (3-inch) dual voice coil, neodymium Differential Drive, Direct Cooled transducer. It offers power handling (AES 2-hour) of 1000 watts continuous, 4000 watts peak (low frequency) and 200 watts continuous, 800 watts peak (high frequency).
The F12 and F15 are optimized for use with Crown I-Tech HD Amplifiers and Crown VRack amplifier management systems, while both models also include BSS Audio OmniDriveHD V5 processing and JBL HiQnet Performance Manager control.
The F12 and F15 also offer attractive installation features including: a pole-mount socket, four NL4 connectors for discrete cabling, 14 M10 mount points and an optional universal bracket.
The VTX F18S is a subwoofer is compact, with a 2269H Differential Driver 18-inch transducer, high power handling (AES 2-hour) of 2000 watts continuous, 8000 watts peak and impressive linear excursion capability (3.5 inches peak to peak). The F18S is reverse-cardioid arrayable and includes a reinforced M20 extension rod receptacle, 16 M10 mount points, four convenience handle locations and stacking feet and recesses.