iZotope announced that it will be shipping Ozone 4, the latest update to its software mastering suite, later in January 2009.
Ozone 4 builds on the program’s reputation with new innovations and refinements. iZotope has updated and expanded Ozone’s processing algorithms, optimizing them for today’s low-latency DAW environments.
Ozone 4 also features a new Intelligent Loudness Maximizer mode, mid/side processing for superior control over the sound stage, hybrid crossovers, a re-designed interface and a completely updated preset manager featuring innovative MacroPresets.
In addition, numerous interface improvements and ease-of-use additions make Ozone even more accessible to musicians who want to quickly finalize their projects, while also offering precise tools for professional engineers.
- Integrated mastering system combining analog warmth and digital precision
- Seven essential mastering processors in one integrated plug-in
- Updated processing algorithms, optimized for low-latency DAW environments
- New mid/side processing tools add a whole new dimension of power to Ozone’s EQ, dynamics, harmonic exciter and reverb modules by letting you process different parts of the soundstage separately
- New IRC Intelligent Loudness Maximizer “Intelligent II” mode provides full, loud and dynamic masters while handling transients with unprecedented clarity
- Improved and enhanced preset manager with over 100 presets and a floating window for easier editing and better visual feedback
- New MacroPresets let you adjust a few simple parameters to find the perfect starting point for mastering a project
- Completely re-designed input and output metering shows real-world analog peak levels (inter-sample peaks), simultaneous peak and RMS values, and now includes full K-System metering support
- New hybrid crossovers combine the best aspects of digital and analog crossovers
- Many more interface and ease-of-use additions including refined EQ controls, automatic gain compensation, “Amount” sliders to dial in more or less processing on each module, and more
Pro Tools 7 (RTAS/AudioSuite), VST, MAS, Audio Unit, and DirectX
Windows Vista, XP
Apple OS X (Universal Binary)
Ozone 4 will be available for $249 MSRP. It is distributed worldwide by M-Audio and will also be available direct (download only) from www.izotope.com.
Customers who bought Ozone 3 after October 1, 2008 are eligible for a free upgrade to Ozone 4 when it is released. Existing Ozone 3 customers will be able to upgrade for $79 USD.