Cakewalk has announced the SONAR V-Studio 100 portable music production studio is now shipping worldwide. The multi-function V-Studio 100 provides a compact and portable solution for the most critical functions needed by the musician, singer-songwriter, MC, producer, or engineer, regardless of whether they use a Mac or PC.
Highlights of the SONAR V-Studio 100 include:
* High speed USB 2.0 Audio Interface (Mac/Win)
* Universal DAW Controller (Mac/Win)
* Personal Digital Mixer
* SD Wav Recording/Playback
* VS Production Pack suite of Virtual Instruments and Effects (Mac/Win)
* SONAR VS Digital Audio Workstation (Win)
Musicians can take control of their music production by using the V-Studio 100 as a 24-bit/96 kHz high speed USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface and universal DAW controller.
The unit also includes the VS Production Pack, a powerful suite of high quality instruments and effects. The VS-100 hardware and VS Production Pack have been designed to enhance productions on both Mac and Windows in conjunction with popular DAW software including SONAR, Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live, and others.
For PC customers getting started with digital recording, SONAR V-Studio 100 includes the SONAR VS digital audio workstation.
In standalone mode, the VS-100 hardware functions as a personal digital mixer and SD Wave recorder. Musicians can use the VS-100 to record and mix rehearsals and live gigs and can also use it to play backing tracks (even while recording).
Users can then simply transfer the stereo recordings to their favorite DAW software to use as the basis for new tracks, for further editing and sweetening, to upload to the Internet, and more.
The V-Studio 100 is a high quality USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface for Mac/Windows utilizing Roland engineering design and component technology.
* 8 in + mix / 6 out at 24-bit/96 kHz quality
* 2 dual XLR/TRS inputs with high quality mic pre-amps and phantom power
* Hi-z option for recording electric guitar & Bass
* MIDI I/O
* Mac/Windows compatible with ASIO, WDM, WASAPI and Core Audio support
* Works with DAWs including SONAR, Logic, Live, Cubase, Digital Performer, and others
The V-Studio 100 is a universal DAW controller that supports popular software for Mac/PC via Mackie control protocol, including Logic, Live, Cubase, and Digital Performer. Additionally, V-Studio 100 provides extended control capabilities over SONAR through the implementation of Cakewalk’s Active Controller Technology (ACT).
* 100 mm motorized, touch-sensitive fader
* 5 rotary encoders, 11 buttons and transport control
* Dynamic LCD display
* Programmable footswitch
* Use with any DAW on Mac/Windows that supports Mackie Control protocol
* Advanced control of SONAR through Active Controller Technology
The V-Studio 100 provides a digital mixer for small groups or solo performers who need easy control of a few instruments and vocal mics, or DJs, MCs, and electronic musicians who need to mix multiple sound sources. All users can enhance their live sound with the pro-quality pre-amps and on-board effects which offer easy routing and accessibility.
* Ideal for mixing small bands, solo musicians, DJs, home studios
* 8 inputs, 6 outputs plus headphones
* 4 types of reverb
* 6 channels of EQ with LCD plot
* 6 channels of Compression with threshold and compression meter
* Meter & FX Display on LCD