Cakewalk has just announced that SONAR V-Studio 100 music production studio software has been updated to version 1.20, which includes a number of workflow improvements in response to customer feedback.
Notably, the Track Control feature has been improved for all DAWs making track selection quicker in the chosen application. The update will be free to all users.
SONAR V-Studio Overview
High speed USB 2.0 interface
• 8 in + mix / 6 out, 24-bit/96 kHz quality
• 2 mic pre-amps w/phantom Power, hi-z guitar input; MIDI I/O
• ASIO, WDM, WASAPI, Core Audio support
• Compatible with DAWs such as SONAR, Logic, Live, Cubase, and Digital Performer
Universal DAW controller
Supports all popular digital recording software for Mac and PC via Mackie control protocol, including Logic, Live, Cubase, and Digital Performer. Additionally, V-Studio 100 provides extended control capabilities over SONAR through the implementation of Cakewalk’s Active Controller Technology (ACT).
The controller features:
• 100 mm motorized, touch-sensitive fader
• 5 rotary encoders, 11 buttons and transport control
• Use with any DAW through Mackie control protocol
• Advanced control of SONAR through Active Controller Technology
Personal Digital Mixer
SONAR V-Studio 100 is an ideal digital mixer for small groups, solo performers, DJs, MCs, and any electronic musician who needs to mix multiple sound sources.
Users can enhance their live sound with the pro-quality on-board effects which offer easy routing and accessibility.
• Ideal for mixing small bands, solo musicians, DJs, home studios
• 8 inputs, 6 outputs plus headphones
• 4 types of reverb and 6 channels of EQ and compression
Mobile SD recorder live player
Capture that creative moment whenever inspiration strikes! SONAR V-Studio 100 provides high quality digital recording that can be used without being connected to computer. Record directly to the VS-100’s SD-card to capture song ideas, rehearsals, or live performances. Create backing tracks on your DAW of choice and transfer them to the VS-100’s SD-card for playback during live performance (even while recording). Likewise, recorded performances can be easily transferred from the VS-100’s SD-card for additional editing.
SONAR V-Studio 100 software pack
VS-100 Production Pack (Win/Mac) suite of effects and instruments includes:
• VX-64 Vocal Strip – a seven-stage processor for shaping and sculpting incredible sounding vocal tracks.
• Dimension LE – a streamlined version of the acclaimed Dimension Pro instrument from Cakewalk which also includes a special edition of Garritan Pocket Orchestra.
Rapture LE — is a special version of the award winning Rapture wavetable synthesizer.
Cakewalk Studio Instruments — a collection of four virtual instruments that provide a fast and easy way to create backing tracks.
SONAR VS digital recording software (PC only) —a special entry level DAW based on the powerful SONAR 8 audio engine but offering a streamlined user interface.